Fatbikez.com

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a Xena disc lock alarm and a projector kit from Fatbikez.com. I spoke to Doug who was very helpful and friendly at first. He allowed me to use a discount code for being a government employee. It saved me a good bit of money and I was very satisfied with the transaction.

I was very excited about getting the lights in and being able to have a little more security for my bike. I emailed him and asked when the order would be shipped. On Sunday March 6th he told me he liked to have the money clear in his bank account before he ships and that he ship Monday or Tuesday, but I would have my order by the weekend. I received the alarm that Friday the 11th. No other packages came, so Tuesday March 15th I emailed him to confirm that my order had been shipped in different boxes and that there hadn't been a mistake. He responded that same day and for the first time told me the order was being shipped from the manufacturer, Sportbikelites (in Florida!). He left that detail out when assuring me that I would have my order by Friday. Again he assures me I will have my order by the weekend. Wednesday March 23rd I receive my headlights.

I spend the time and money installing them. They suck. See my product review for the Color Changing LED Halo Projector Kit for Sportbikelites.

Now I start the process of getting a refund. I check Fatbikez.com for their return policy and I'm within the time line. I email Doug on Friday March 25th to let him know about the problems and that I want a refund. He agrees to the refund, but also offers to have replacement parts sent. At first I accept but the next morning (Sat) I email him to let him know that after some research I've decided to take the refund. He agrees. I send out the headlights via UPS 2-day saver on Monday March 28th. The tracking number shows they accepted the box on Wednesday March 30th. Friday April 1st Doug emails me and says that Sportbikelites got the package that day (Not sure who's mistaken, but since I ordered from Fatbikez and I supplied Doug with the tracking number I expect him to stay on top of things). He asks if I want a refund or another product. Again I tell him I want a refund. Friday April 1st he says he will refund my account. But to remind him if I don't see the money that evening. I reminded him that night before leaving work. With no reply I email him again Monday April 4th. He responds that he just funded his account and he would do it that night. Today Tuesday April 5th, he sends me an email that he cannot refund me the money because he did not realize I paid by credit card and he no longer used the "processor." He offers to send the refund to my Paypal account (but then I have to wait 3 days for the money to clear before I can use it).

At this point I am not being understanding. My last email was professional and stern and advised him of the deficiencies in his customer service and in this transaction. I agreed to use the Paypal account and ask him to handle this immediately. I let him know that at this point if he's not upfront with me and continues to stall I will file a civil small claims case against him. A pain to do from out of state (I'm in CA and he's in OH), but I'm tired of dealing with lack of customer service and respect. He is now not responding. I'll update with how long it takes to get a refund and whether I actually need to go the civil route.

Overall a pain in the ass. My bike is still sitting in pieces waiting for a refund to order a new kit. Can Fatbikez learn from this? Yes. It's up to them, but buyer beware.

Update** Doug refunded my money via Paypal today (April 6th). He says he couldn't do it yesterday after I sent the email because his internet was down... Just glad to have my money back.

Last edited:

PrivateCowBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Call your credit card company and put the transaction in dispute. I would advise against receiving payment back via any other means then how you paid. I seem to recall reading something about losing some claim rights in the dispute. I've had a few purchases go bad and the CC company has always backed me on it.

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I paid with my debit card. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can dispute the charge the same way.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll never order from there now. I thought about it for a bit. But now I won't. They lost out.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
You are definitely doing the right thing. I hope he some of his ignorance wares off and he doesn't make you have to go to the courts.

Is there anyone else above him you can talk to. There has to be more than just one gerbil turning the wheels.

(ignore the review, didn't mean to do it :spank:)

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out my review of Fatbikez as well, under Fatbikez in Vendor Reviews - I was too inept to just post to this thread (and ignorant of it's existence)