We Rode to BikeWeek the Long Way

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted up on here. Been in hiding I suppose... lol

I just finished up my ride report from my last ride on the FZ which was completing a Bun Burner Gold (1500 miles in under 24 hours).

My father on a FJR and a friend of mine on a Gold Wing and myself rode 1540 miles in 23 hours and 4 minutes on the way to the annual IBA party in Jacksonville, Florida during Bike Week. (Daytona) After the ride in we made a couple trips down to Daytona and watched the Daytona 200 which was awesome. There are pictures and video from the race in the ride report.

Enjoy!

Bike and Snowboard Adventures

Below you can see the route we took via the SPOT updates on my bike.

SPOTMap.jpg

Below is a picture of Agmom98 and I at the IBA party by her FZ. She rode it from Texas to this party in honor of the BBG ride I was doing. To our knowledge we are the only two people in the world that have done the BBG on an FZ6. I know D-mac was doing some rallies on his, so unless he has done one... Regardless, its a short list. :)

DSC00018.jpg

The Long Distance bug has bitten hard on this trip, I am really hooked on this and would like to start doing some rallies. First I need to ditch the stock seat. It took 40,000 miles and a ride like this for it to start becoming a problem. LOL

Next will be some hard bags, bar risers, auxiliary lights and potentially 5 gallon auxiliary fuel cell. We shall see...

-bryan

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice trip Bryan...and Welcome Back! :cheer:

Maybe a trip out west once you get a new seat & other stuff?!?!?

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha! Thats awesome! but I dont think im up to that level yet. lol

Im sure there are some IBA people that are looking at that one thought. I think Im going to try a more local rally in the next year or so. Unfortunitly, starting a new job doesnt lend its self to alot of time off so it might be next year before I can do a rally. I am thinking Id like to do the Cape Fear Rally.

-bryan

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished reading your trip report. Seems like this would be a piece of cake out west. The highways are less congested with less major metropolitan areas to avoid. The legal speed limits are mostly 75mph and 80mph in certain areas.

You mentioned about your foot getting wet, how about these?

nylon overboot

Great things about truck stops, the major ones will have a laundry facility. I have thrown my gear in the dryer while I ate. I am still looking for somthing that will cover the bottom of my helmet around my neck, like an apron. I hate getting my helmet strap and neck all wet.

Thanks for posting, I expected you guys to head in the wrong direction at the tail of your trip, not at the beginning! LOL..

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea out west is the choice area for most the IBA type of rides for those very reasons you listed. However we made it work here, lol.