Fuel Tank; Don't Kink the Hoses! W/Pics

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Upon lifting the tank on a new to me 08 FZ I found both of the breather tubes from under the tank to be completely kinked and restricting air movement.

Don't let this happen to you!

As begin to drop the tank down, reach though the frame rails and pull the tubes back on both sides so the tubes don't bunch up under the tank and get kinks in them!

Reach in here; Pull vent tubes towards the rear as shown!
They should be visible though the opening or they may be kinked under the tank!

DSC_4011-600X400Arrow.jpg

DON'T let this Happen!
DSC_4008-600-500Arrow.jpg

That's it! Pay attention to details!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I stole your pictures so everyone could see this. . .
Thanks FZ6A!

You can now freely lift up the front of the tank, using the rear bolt as a hinge.
Use any object to hold the tank in upright position(I found that a wine bottle is perfect :)):
fz6sa-albums-howto-get-under-fuel-gas-tank-picture2574-step-16-tank-lifted-object-wine-bottle.jpg

picture.php

Top view:
fz6sa-albums-howto-get-under-fuel-gas-tank-picture2575-step-17-tank-lifted-object-top-view.jpg

picture.php

Reverse process to put the tank back in place.
Pay attention when you put the tank back down that you don squeeze any of the hoses under the tank.

When removing the clamps in the end, place a plastic bucket under them to catch any residue the might have build up in the hoses:
fz6sa-albums-howto-get-under-fuel-gas-tank-picture2576-step-18-catching-any-fuel-residue-de-clamped-hoses.jpg

picture.php

The whole process takes about 15 minutes once you get a hold of it.
I know it can seem like many steps, but just take your time, and be sure not to forget any, and anybody can do this.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A Kinky thread. . . . lol

A Kinky thread. . . . :spank: :spank: :spank: