the new Metzler Z8 .....simply amazing

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I fitted a new set of tyres the metler z8 interact.

Wow they are simply amazing in the corners, the monobloc construction is just so confidence inspiring. On the 15 mile journey home through a twisting b road I managed to fully scrub them out right to the edge of the Tyre, something I have not managed on any other Tyre, they totally put my Mich power pures to shame. I think the way to discribe how these handle is to say fz6 supermoto anyone?

They are also the most comfortable Tyre as well soaking up what would normally be wrist shattering bumps and vibrations. Hopefully they will perform in the wet and last 9k, then I can honestly say I have found the Tyre for me.

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Well report from 85 mile motorway journey and its good.

Stability is very good but then all tyres are nowadays what reapply has impressed me is the stability on lane changes when crossing tarmac joints/canons and cats eyes. No more slippage or gental fishtailing like the power pures caused and the z8s really do soak up the bump from cats eyes, its more like driving over them in a car. Best thing is I'm not hesitating on lane changes trying to cross between cats eyes this will do wonders for night time motorway journeys.

And once at work on the last roundabout I manages some 18mph peg grinding now that's grip :)

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I was seriously impressed by the Z6 but disappointed with the Z6 interact lifespan. I only got about 7,500 miles put of the rear interact but 12k out of the OEM compound Z6 tire. It really shook my Metzeler confidence and I am not sure what is next. I had to buy a Pirelli Diablo rear to get me home from Daytona as the Z6 was corded. I am liking the look of the PR3 but I may look at the Z8.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was seriously impressed by the Z6 but disappointed with the Z6 interact lifespan. I only got about 7,500 miles put of the rear interact but 12k out of the OEM compound Z6 tire. It really shook my Metzeler confidence and I am not sure what is next. I had to buy a Pirelli Diablo rear to get me home from Daytona as the Z6 was corded. I am liking the look of the PR3 but I may look at the Z8.

WOW thats odd , I just replace my Z6 Inter rear with 18000k's on it & the canvas was just starting to poke through... The front now has close to 24000k's on it & im guessing it'll last me another 2500-3000 k's... I love my Z6 Inters :thumbup: And all that is on my heavier & bigger XJR1300 ;)

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
WOW thats odd , I just replace my Z6 Inter rear with 18000k's on it & the canvas was just starting to poke through... The front now has close to 24000k's on it & im guessing it'll last me anothe 2500-3000 k's... I love my Z6 Inters :thumbup: And all that is on my heavier & bigger XJR1300 ;)

I visited both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans on that set and ran the entire lifespan at 85mph+ so I am sure that extreme heat helped kill it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I am hoping for some good mileage as I am currently doing 750mile to work alone each week.

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
well i there all used up and absolutely loved them :thumbup:::thumbup:

but this weekend i just swapped the back for the M5 sportec interact. the Z8 gave me 8500 miles of 00+mph on the motorway in all weather since the end of march.

but i felt the feed back was not quite enough at knee down angles, hence ive fitted a metzler m5 rear and that extra belt really helps. (now im having to move my head on corners not to hit sign post :rockon:)

the M5 sportec really heats up on fast road riding....i reckon that they are so sticky that you could loop a tunnel lol:D no really they are very good on a hard road ride they start to look like they have been on a track:eek:

i doubt i will get the milage but hey im using a back tyre in two months of use,

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I managed to fully scrub them out right to the edge of the Tyre, something I have not managed on any other Tyre, they totally put my Mich power pures to shame.

How exactly are they put to shame?

The fact that you have decided your new tires are better has no bearing on anything except your own willingness to corner more aggressively.

Your review is inaccurate and any credence given to the Z8's over the pilot pures is unjustified.

Pilot pures....

P1081327.jpg

Put to shame? Hardly.

Nice try though!

:BLAA:

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the pures on my bike and they were really bad, front tyre mostly. It would wander mid corner every corner. Then the front tyre developed a fault. And the tyre fitters actually sent the tyre back t to michelin for testing.
I'd say the oe tyres are better......just bad experience, but my hard earned cash won't be going on micheline again.
And now my metzler m5 looks like your pure from my 85mile b road commute :) admittedly I couldnt heat the z8 enough on the road to get like that.

Shamed.......i was being nice by say metzlers shamed the mich pures....:BLAA:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they were really bad, front tyre mostly. It would wander mid corner every corner.

So the multi-million dollar tire line that has held its line reliably for countless thousands of riders is just really bad?

All us michelin riders must just be crazy then!

Given a choice, I'd never have a tire other than a Michelin on my bikes. That being said, all tires made by the big tire companies for sport riding that are soft-ish compounds all have stupendously more grip than we will ever use. I've had a couple different brands and when they're all up to temperature the only times I've ever experienced slippage is when the fault was with me.

No blaming the tires. Sorry dude. It was YOU wandering mid corner every corner... :p

The profile or something might have been a bit different or tire pressures or something. But the pures are solid.

Last edited:

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
In uk motorcycle mag recently the pures havent been getting a good review eother and I think it was ride mag that also complained that there pures wanderwd mid corner.

Im not going to argue ive been riding bikes for 11 years and or the past 9 since i have honed my style of riding and icover on average 20,000miles a year. I have never had a problem with a tyre wondering mid corner until I tried the pures. Their piolts were fine, you wouldnt be able to pay me 1million pound to ride,another set thats how much I disliked them......horses for corses I supposes.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Z8's rock :rockon:

They stick to the road like glue and are AMAZING in the wet.

Very, very happy.

Glad you are too :thumbup: