Selling my 2007 FZ6. Austin, TX

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
FOR SALE: 2007 FZ-6. Modified and ready to tour! $6500 Austin, TX

Frederic Scott
(512) 773 8978

I am the sole owner of the bike. Since I bought it in January of 2008, I have not even put 9000 miles on the bike. This bike is clearly wasted on me, and so it's time to find a home where somebody will actually ride it.

The asking price is higher than other FZ6's in similar condition. This is because of all the extras that come with this bike. If I cannot sell everything as a package for this price, I will remove the accessories and re-list the bike for a lower price.

Here is what you get.
Full service records including receipts.
A motorcycle that has never had an accident. It's never even been dropped.
A motorcycle that has never done wheelies, burnouts or stunts.
Good tires with plenty of tread.

I've shot a short video of the bike today and posted it to youtube. To get a good look at it, go here. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-iTlmoW_n0]YouTube - FZ6 For Sale[/ame]

Here is a listing of all the modifications I have done to the bike, with part prices to give you an idea of what each mod would cost you to do on your own. The total value of the mods is over $1600, and installation would probably cost you another $2000.

Electrical improvements.
Many times when a motorcycle's electrics are modified, the work is absolute butchery! People use crimp connectors, or just twist the wires together and tape them! And then they wonder why their bike doesn't work anymore! This is not the case here.

Only a single factory wire was tapped to install the accessory harness. All of the other accessories run off of this harness. If you want to undo my work, cut a single wire and you are back to stock. But you'll never need to. All
wires are color coded. All connections are soldered with heat shrink tubing. Wire bundles are wrapped in Flexo vinyl sheathing, and then secured into place. This is a professional wiring job. See for yourself!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQdkdeVWqs]YouTube - How to wire a motorcycle, the right way.[/ame]
Total cost for this harness is about $50.

Valentine 1 remote display installed in dashboard. $39

Power to Valentine 1 radar detector hardwired into bike. $13

Audio out with volume control installed in left fairing inner panel. Just plug in your MP3 player and go! $10

12 volt power outlet in left fairing inner panel. $5

Stebel Nautilus horn, with custom bracket. This bracket is 6061 welded aluminum, and bolts onto the bike at three hard points, for a clean, sturdy and invisible installation. $30

Dual high/low beam headlights. More light and no more "You've got a headlight out" comments. $30

Battery Tender harness. $10

Mechanical improvements.
R6 forks with RyanK CNC machined fender mounts. $250

All Balls steering head bearings. $30 plus installation.

SW Motech racks for GIVI V-35 hard bags. $230 new.

GIVI V-35 hard bags. Modified to fix the sticky latches. $491 new.

Motovation Frame Sliders $79

Factory forks, perfect condition, greased and bagged for long term storage. I hope you never need them, but you will have them.

Comfort improvements.
Grand Touring grips. The most comfortable grips ever made. $20

Mayer saddle. Comfortable, and built on the factory seat pan so it fits perfectly. This seat is built so you can take long trips without pain, but still hang off in the corners. $350

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Fred, you've been such an active member here, for so long... I was kinda shocked to see this thread! :(

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Fred, you've been such an active member here, for so long... I was kinda shocked to see this thread! :(

Heh, I haven't been an active member lately. I don't think I've logged onto this forum for months.

I love this bike, but I rarely take it out these days. The last serious trip was over a year ago. These days I'm focusing on getting my pilot's license, and the poor FZ6 sits neglected in the garage. It's a sorry state of affairs.

So it's time to sell.

Cheers,
Fred

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
These days I'm focusing on getting my pilot's license, and the poor FZ6 sits neglected in the garage.

Man, it looks like you are living, and enjoying life...:thumbup: Life is short, so enjoy...:rockon: Gob Bless You...

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
that bike makes me excited, because it has stuff i want to do to mine ( minus the bags i think bags are just tacky ) but anyhoo, in an economy when people can hardly spend 3k on a used bike, expecting to get 6.5 is kinda off don't you think? even with addons, most people would have a brand new bike with 0 miles than some addons. have you gotten any hits on it? mianly just curiosity because i can't even get serious buyers on my bike, also close to austin, for much MUCH less than you are asking. and i have a few mods as well. :thumbup:

mdd770

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah I am looking for a red one or a silver one around blue book price here in Houston, or nearby city.
Blue book on an 2005 is $3040 and blue book on a 2009 is $5050, reguardless of milage and add ons.
Only going to spend $3500 max. Mine was $3200. Looking for a second. Went to shop today and the $3500 silver one was almost my 2nd FZ6, and someone bought it before I could make it back to the shop! When I got there it was gone and sold just a few hrs prior. It was an 05 with only 1600 miles and no damage.
Dang it! Back to the waiting game! I'm looking for a stock one, or close to it. Yes, wanna pay less for stock, not more for mods. Mods are usually personal, but a stock FZ6 is great to me and my lady who wants the 2nd bike.

Last edited:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Bump. Still for sale, price reduced to $6000.

I'll let it sit at this price for a while, and then I'll start pulling off the mods and return it to stock form, for sale at a lower price.