Show us your Hobby room ! (-:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My R/C collection is growing so today I started converting my guest room into my hobby room..... I want to see yours, and I would love some ideas to make mine more functional !! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIpSIo381Q]YouTube - r/c hobby room[/ame] :rockon: :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Music room:
DSC_0072.jpg

And the woodshop:
DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Impressive! But have you ever tried bicycling?

Never. I only collect them :BLAA:

When the weather is good, I ride non-motorized bikes 4-5 times a week. Keeps me pretty busy between road riding, mountain biking and downhilling :D

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I know it's pink. But I just bought the house about 2 months ago and haven't got to doing up this room yet. It used to be a kids playroom. Soon it'll be an adults play room.

View attachment 34167

Then this is the the shed until I get sorted with a garage.

View attachment 34168

Not much hobbying going on but loads of DIY

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK I know it's pink. But I just bought the house about 2 months ago and haven't got to doing up this room yet. It used to be a kids playroom. Soon it'll be an adults play room.

View attachment 34167

Then this is the the shed until I get sorted with a garage.

View attachment 34168

Not much hobbying going on but loads of DIY
Is that some R/C Big rigs i see there on the shelf ? :rockon: :D

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude that is beautiful !! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, it was a beautiful day. :)

Sailing is my mental therapy. I disconnect from everything, leave the cell phone behind and let the elements decide what route to take to win the regatta. Being onboard charge my batteries and clears my mind, and I sail every week from May to October to stay sane. :)

Since I don't have a hobby room at home, the boat is the closest I get to a hobby room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my hobby room. In the second photo, our boat is the one being chased. ;)

Great pics :thumbup: Not much wind though, but a real champion can sail well when there's a light wind :rockon:.

I hope to do some more sailing this season, especially now the kids are getting older (and they enjoy it, if the weather's fair).

Last edited:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics :thumbup: Not much wind though, but a real champion can sail well when there's not much wind :rockon:.

Actually, my brother in law and I (we own the boat together) happen to be quite good at keeping the boat moving in little wind. We solved the "little wind riddle" three years ago and now know where to sit, how to trim the sails and rigging and how to "hunt for wind". We usually beat our sister boat in light wind conditions. The other captain has owned his boat for 20 years, we have clocked only four years in ours. Still we outsail him.

I hope to do some more sailing this season, especially now the kids are getting older (and they enjoy it, if the weather's fair).

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 2011 season for the both of us. :thumbup:

Finding time for sailing has become my dilemma too. When I met my girlfriend I told her that my sailing was sacred and that all wednesdays and sailing weekends was untouchable during the sailing season. Now I have two girls, 10 months and 4.5 years old. The 2010 season was not really up to par regatta wise. I only logget about 10 regattas, while previous years have seen 20-25 regattas.

I can actually feel it on my body if I don't sail for a month during summer. I get restless and grumpy. :(