Rumble FE kit

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
After installing my Scorpion exhaust, I found that my FAZR6 FE kit was indeed compatible, but didn't "connect" to the license plate support kit that was supplied by Scorpion.
After much deliberation, I ordered this kit, as it has the 2 vertical pre-drilled holes at each side that attach directly to the Scorpion's attachment piece:-

FE.jpg

http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={73BD0EBA-CBCA-4A36-9852-41045F1DA0C7}

It is well made, but has two distinct issues that make it a non-starter, imo:-
-It is almost identical in configuration and positioning as the OEM fender (IOW, the license plate will sit just as far our and in the same place as with the OEM fender; FAZR6's FE kit places the license plate about 4" further in, which looks MUCH better).
-The "unique LED license plate light" is useless. It is a tiny LED that mounts through a tiny hole in the angle just above the license plate. It illuminates an area about 2" in diameter. Absolutely useless, so you will have to either install the OEM license plate light or some sort of supplemental lighting to make it legal at night.
I brought this to the supplier's attention, who brought it to the manufacturer's attention, and apparently I'm "the only one to complain" :confused: They offered to send me a second LED but I'd have to pay $8.95 shipping. :rolleyes:
Don't bother with this rather expensive substitute for the OEM fender.... Yes, it replaces the OEM fender, but nobody will notice that it's supposed to be a "FE" kit. ;) Go with FAZR6's kit which is superior.
Not recommended unless you prefer steel to plastic.
I solved the "connection" problem with the excellent FAZR6 FE kit by drilling a couple of small holes in both the Scorpion bottom bracket and the FAZR6 bracket and screwing them together. Perfect. :thumbup:

Last edited:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey this might be off topic, but i just got my bike this week and i really love the stock exhaust sound over 8000rpm but i always really wanted the scorpions. would you be interested the next sunny day to meet up so i can hear them in person? you might not want to though and thats ok. i know it would be because i have the faster blue one :p

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, no problem! I always enjoy an opportunity to make FZ6'ers wish they'd gone red instead of blue.:p
Let me know by PM when you'd like to hear the Scorpions. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey this might be off topic, but i just got my bike this week and i really love the stock exhaust sound over 8000rpm but i always really wanted the scorpions. would you be interested the next sunny day to meet up so i can hear them in person? you might not want to though and thats ok. i know it would be because i have the faster blue one :p

Wow, way to ask for help and make fun of his bike in the same post. very clever young skywalker...:thumbup:

PS: it is not his fault he didn':Flash:t get the blue bike, he didn't know any better