First Rider of the season.....RIP

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what a shame, RIP rider and it would be curious to find out what happened. The bike doesn't look that bad at all, so doesn't seem like speed was the issue.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the pic you can see a white suv in the background. I come out of that street(172nd) to take a right onto HWY 10. Its 2 lanes in each direction with traffic averaging 80kph.
I have come up to that same stop sign, looked left and saw a gap in traffic and gave it a good shot of throttle as I turned right onto the hwy. I lost rear traction(cold tires..just left the house) and almost bailed hard. I let off the throttle and my back tire bit and the bike straightened itself out but had I bailed, I woulda ended up as a hood ornament for sure. After that I ALWAYS wait for a big gap...
I surmise by the position of the bike that he may have tried to turn right from 172nd and the dump truck clipped him? Doesnt take much with that kind of weight and a 2011 Kawi Z1000(maybe new to rider bike)....tragic

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the loss in your area. We all need to remember as we get back into the riding season to spend some time in an empty parking lot practicing our MSF course maneuvers and reviewing the books on defensive riding. I think this is the hardest time of the year for motorcycle accidents as we are all out of practice from the Winter (those of us that have winter).

Be careful out there guys. I don't want any of you as my patient.

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
Do they really have to state "The truck driver was not injured"..... he prolly couldn't even feel him, but thank god he stopped!

RIP

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, very sad. I keep reminding myself every day that we are volunerable. With all the slat and sand on the roads right now I have to really take it easy or I sping or lock the rear tire