Cruizer almost ate it today!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with my best girl driving her car and we're coming out of a side street on a curve. I'm watching that blind area to my left and as I start to come on to the lane I see a Honda cruiser at asshat speed :eek: and because I know what he's going to do, I'm on my game like a duck on a June bug. I know he can't get around me in time so I keep it over hard and heavy on the binders as we are hard into our belts. He just got by but he would have probably eaten it if it was the average driver. I believe because we ride bikes we have a much different consciousness as cagers.
Lesson to be aware of here is he was hot in a turn in town and at a high rate of speed for that type of environment. He was also in a more hazardous lane and blind to traffic entering the curve. He would have been better on the inner lane with more options, vision and holes. Wasn't any more of a surprise to see he had no protective gear except his helmet. I hope he learned something important so that he continues to grow into a safe and healthy rider.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: On your fast thinking Cliff. It's a bad habit to fall into as a rider not to take into account your surroundings in corners like driveways and side streets. Well done in saving the cruiser's skin today.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with my best girl driving her car and we're coming out of a side street on a curve. I'm watching that blind area to my left and as I start to come on to the lane I see a Honda cruiser at asshat speed :eek: and because I know what he's going to do, I'm on my game like a duck on a June bug. I know he can't get around me in time so I keep it over hard and heavy on the binders as we are hard into our belts. He just got by but he would have probably eaten it if it was the average driver. I believe because we ride bikes we have a much different consciousness as cagers.
Lesson to be aware of here is he was hot in a turn in town and at a high rate of speed for that type of environment. He was also in a more hazardous lane and blind to traffic entering the curve. He would have been better on the inner lane with more options, vision and holes. Wasn't any more of a surprise to see he had no protective gear except his helmet. I hope he learned something important so that he continues to grow into a safe and healthy rider.
[A few hours later....]
"You wont believe what happened to me today"?
There I was on my Honda, riding like a God. When this stupid cager comes out of nowhere.
If it wasn't for my great riding skills he would have killed me.

What a twat. You saved him and he probably doesn't know it.

Nelly

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's crazy. You're right hopefully he learns. I think many of us have had close calls we learned a lot from.

At the end of the day every man has to assess his own mortality and the value he places on his life. Caution is not a bad thing.

And....

There are old riders and there are bold riders. There are no old and bold riders.

And you are right about having more awareness than the average driver...by far. Even more so than competent drivers that are no riders. We know all the close calls we have on bikes and the things we just find annoying and so pay special attention and we go out of our way to give other riders the space they need to have a good ride.

Last edited: