Givi T480 TANKLOCK pictures & video

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry in advance for people who does not speak Italian. (Got the english version from spock, thanks)[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BCnHeZvJLE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BCnHeZvJLE[/ame]
The viedo is just to show how does the bag works and looks.
My pictures are just to show how well works wit the FZ6.
My only 2 little complaints are: The handlebar touches the bag when doing a full turn so only for parking or slow manuvers, the blinkers get activated every time, (I have barbacks) I guess it's not that big of an issue. The expanded position won't let you see the speedometer but in the good side, I was able to transport a Shoei multitec in it. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvUEGaYa_os]YouTube - Givi T480 Easy Lock System Tank Bag - GhostBikes[/ame]

GIVI T480 TANKLOCK - Soft Luggages

Last edited:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Hoshiko

Excellent review and pictures, exactly what I was needing to make my decision.

Thank you very much for this post :thumbup:

Now I won't be in peace until I get mine :D:D

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
btw, I just noticed you have handle bar raisers, maybe that's why your handlebar is touched, anyway that doesn't matter at all, pretty nice bag looks perfect, and givi's quality has been always good.

Cheers

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
btw, I just noticed you have handle bar raisers, maybe that's why your handlebar is touched, anyway that doesn't matter at all, pretty nice bag looks perfect, and givi's quality has been always good.

Cheers

Thanks for reminding me of this fact, I edited the post.

Hope you enjoy the bag, it is a good quality plus the map/gps/phone window saves you some $$. You won't need to spend the extra for a motorcycle mount and GPS. All you need is a GPS that has bluetooth or use your phone with some GPS app.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
English version of the video Hoshiko posted on the first message

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BCnHeZvJLE]YouTube - GIVI_TANKLOCK System[/ame]

Cheers.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
15 calendar days after ordering from twisted throttle my givi t480 has arrived at home today ... in Colombia :D

as you can se in the pictures my bike is naked (European version) that we here on this not as big south american country have been always lucky to get, we have always had both fz6 and fz1 in both flavors, actually mine has ABS, and FZ8 and FAZER 8 are both available as well, also xj6 and xj6 diverions f (your fz6r), TDM 900 and we got several first edition super ténérés :BLAA:

now to the point :D, perfect fit, my bike does not have raisers and the OEM naked handlebar is a little different than semi faired version, so I didn't have to touch the tank bag base, I can fully turn to both sides and the bag is not touched at all.

sorry for the crappy pictures, taken tonight with automatic camera settings and inside my house, but you get the idea

Hoshiko, thanks a lot again.

Cheers

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
15 calendar days after ordering from twisted throttle my givi t480 has arrived at home today ... in Colombia :D

sorry for the crappy pictures, taken tonight with automatic camera settings and inside my house, but you get the idea

Cheers

thanks for sharing. I look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
If you try, you'll be able to put a full face helmet in there, I have put the bag at high speeds with no problems, well, I guess there is a little thing, what do you do with the strap infront of you, I don't think there is a way to attach to the bag, Am I doing something wrong.
Gracias por las fotografias Spock and a question for you, Do you have the "sagrado corazon" protecting your bike overnight?:BLAA:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
JAJAJAJA JAJAJAJAJA

you know, latin american country colonized by spain -> religion is a big player in the culture, in this case my parents are big believers.

haven't thought about that kind of protection before, but now that you mention it is good to have it extra, no garage, having it outside is a BIG NO -> it has to sleep in the living room and protected by "el sagrado corazón" and "la última cena" I can definitely tell my bike is safe :BLAA::D

mom was not pretty happy at the beginning but now she's used to it

I will take and post a picture of what I did with the front strap, no cutting or trimming involved at all

Last edited:

armstrong89z

Reaction score
Visit site
I know its been awhile.

Its a good review and looks like good quality but would it scratch the tank if you don't have anything under it? Do you have anything protecting the tank from the bag?

Thanks in advance.