Nice day today!!!!!!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
So, today I went out riding with a couple of friends, just a short trip around since it was "cold" (when I left in the morning it was mid to high forties, for Florida, and riding without proper winter clothes, it felt pretty cold).

So heading to one of our friend's house we saw a garage sale displaying a couple of bike jackets. We turned around and meet a really nice F1 rider that gave us a nice deal for two of the jackets.
So, I removed my mesh jacket with a liner and tried the leather one (for these temperatures it felt so much better). My friend got the mesh "red" one as an additional jacket for the summer and also an extra one when we take any friends/relatives for a trde.

Additionally, as I was riding with my "new" leather jacket then I saw the mark of 5,000 miles in the odometer of my bike. I know for many of you 5,000 miles is nothing but for me it is huge since this is my first year with the bike.

We also got to buy some local honey which is very good!!!!!!!

Not to let this message without pictures, here are the jackets...
a6890bfe-fc69-e7c2.jpg

a6890bfe-fc8c-8374.jpg

I also learned something today: my reaction time for a fast reaction breaking/stoping was horrible!!!!!!! and I ended up fishtailing and stopped the bike in a much longer distance than what I should have done it. Thank God nothing happened but I need to practice, practice, practice and practice !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Leather is soooo much better than mesh in any temperature. Yes I also have and use a mesh jacket sometimes. :)

I guess I shouldn't mention that it was in the high 70s F here in the L.A. area today. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pick up on the jacket, congrats on 5000 miles...and get to a carpark, and practise your emergency braking...

Leather is best...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

Indeed I actually went practicing today.

I did well on the parking lot (controlled environment) but the street is something different - and even worse when you feel a sense of emergency.

Now, as I was practicing I realized a considerable difference on the front brakes when using 2 or 4 fingers (as I have read many times).

Either way, I have to keep on practicing...

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, today was another awesome day, temperatures actually hit the 70's and, off course, I went out to practice/improve my riding skills.
I'm actually starting to use the front brake better than before. I'm ashamed to say this now instead of many months before.

Now, since I'm writing here, I do not want to leave this without a picture from today's ride. We stopped for some drinks and a little rest and we found this BMW parked, then another bike parked by use. We were 3 bikes riding together and suddenly it started looking like a bigger group.
44ccfa8b-17f6-622f.jpg

44ccfa8b-1810-4a64.jpg

44ccfa8b-1829-1e7b.jpg