S.O.S top case yamaha

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Have you got one of these?

Y-Shop

Yeah, like Kazza says, you need 5VX-W0736-00 installed on your bike, along with the little stopper thing which sticks up to lock into the Givi style case.

I have the 5VX-W0736-00 and it came with the stopper thing. I then just take my Givi case, slide the front into the two slots and then push the back down onto the stopper thing and it locks into place.

wansbeckjim

Reaction score
Visit site
along with the little stopper thing which sticks up to lock into the Givi style case
Yes but where do you get one of these? :confused: I had to make one so as to fit a Givi monolock top box.
As a point of interest the monolock case fits straight onto the Yamaha rack, well it would if it came with the little stopper thing which sticks up

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go straight to your Yamaha dealer. They will have the part I linked for you. That's all you need. The Yamaha top box clips straight into it.

pucelo

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, It's like kazza say. I have it and looks easy to install in the bike.

Another question: The instuctions says max. 5 Kg. and max. speed 120 Km/h,
do you think any problem if i surpass it? I think's too few.

Thanks for all and sorry for my english

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site

I have exactly the same top box and rack. Easy to install but I recommend you put something on the grab handle to protect if from scratches. I used very thin foam (like from packaging).

I have had a lot more than 5kg in the box, and exceeded 120km/h by some way! In fact I do this everyday and have never had a problem - yet! I am still a little paranoid about looking in my mirrors to see it bouncing down the road behind me though :eek:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have exactly the same top box and rack. Easy to install but I recommend you put something on the grab handle to protect if from scratches. I used very thin foam (like from packaging).

I have had a lot more than 5kg in the box, and exceeded 120km/h by some way! In fact I do this everyday and have never had a problem - yet! I am still a little paranoid about looking in my mirrors to see it bouncing down the road behind me though :eek:

I had my rack installed from the dealer and the first time I removed it there was some paint removed on the grab bars, so the protection is a good idea.

I've often gone over the maximum speed and weight limit without any problems, but a bit like Davey I'm also a bit paranoid about it.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You can get more than 5kg and you can certainly go more than 120km.

Just use common sense :)

wansbeckjim

Reaction score
Visit site
After I fitted my rack and box I was a little worried about how well the stop light could be seen especially from someone close and in a high position like from a lorry cab so I decided to fix up the light in the top box. I got a couple of LED strip lights off ebay (£5) they are 6cm long and being silicone mounted squeeze easily into the holder on the givi box, some cable, a couple of conectors and a scotchlock and job done. :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After I fitted my rack and box I was a little worried about how well the stop light could be seen especially from someone close and in a high position like from a lorry cab so I decided to fix up the light in the top box. I got a couple of LED strip lights off ebay (£5) they are 6cm long and being silicone mounted squeeze easily into the holder on the givi box, some cable, a couple of conectors and a scotchlock and job done. :D

After my recent experience of no rear light I have been thinking of adding a strip of rear light LEDS on the bottom of the number plate holder, this way I'm not fidling with connections every time I remove the box (I only use it occasionally), and this way the lights are more visable with my top box on.

Last edited:

wansbeckjim

Reaction score
Visit site
After my recent experience of no rear light I have been thinking of adding a strip of rear light LEDS on the bottom of the number plate holder, this way I'm not fidling with connections every time I remove the box (I only use it occasionally), and this way the lights are more visable with my top box on.

They do them in various lengths/colours, I had toyed with the idea of a 12cm red strip along the back of the rack this way it would be visable all the time with or without the box on.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
They do them in various lengths/colours, I had toyed with the idea of a 12cm red strip along the back of the rack this way it would be visable all the time with or without the box on.

I recently installed a LED strip along the back of the luggage rack, so it would be visible with or without the box.

I don't know if we helped the original poster though. It sounds like he was missing the little Givi adapter block. I bought my rack used and it came with it, so I just assumed that the Givi adapter block comes with the rack from Yamaha.

Oddly, you cannot buy this rack in the USA.