Horrible reminder of just how vulnerable we ALL are!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Horrendous day on the roads in Adelaide today with 2 motorcyclists killed within minutes of each other in seperate accidents!!!

One got cleaned up by a car entering the road from a house driveway, the other was collected by a truck in the heysen tunnel...the truck was being driven by a learner driver under instruction...

Both accidents are a stark reminder of just how vulnerable we ALL are on our bikes.

May both riders rest in peace, and to their family's and friends...deepest sympathies.

Stay safe people.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Jamie, We sure are not bullet proof. Great reminder and condolences to the families of the lost riders.

Yes, some of us need reminding of this more than others! Some of us are fortunate enough to get our "reminder" by cheating death in a nasty, but not fatal, or permanently life changing stack....

Some of us dont get that "chance"...

:(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Terrible start to the year , R.I.P fellow riders :(

Never ever 'zone out' on a bike , after travelling millions & millions of K's around this country over the years I have learnt NEVER EVER become complacent , thats when you will get hurt :thumbup:

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to hear about motorcycle fatalities but you have to ride with a seriousness that most people will never know. I use to ride more aggressive and faster but at least I was totally focused. I think that helped much more than riding the speed limit but looking around (Sunday driving). That will get a rider killed so much quicker in Tampa with old people who never see you and youngsters that don't care. It seems motorcycle fatalities get much media attention then a car accident. If everyone rode with the serious focus of most riders there would be a great deal less accidents on the streets.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's another reminder that people fail to understand, your riding skills diminishes unless you ride on a frequent basis.

A long lay off is not good. So for those folks who shack up there bikes for the winter, spend some time taking a one day refresher course before you get back onto that bike. Even though you have your endorsement, you can still take the advantage of all the discounts that come with that certificate of completion. Most likely from you insurance.

We have many riders who come through our ERC that already has their license just for this reason. Long lay off. They are not subject to testing because there is no need. No pressure for them.