Highest speed?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my previous post asked how much we all spent on our bikes and there seems to be a pretty big variation. For those who haven't yet replied, we are all curious. I wish I joined this post before I bought mine, looks like I could have saved a few bucks.

Anyway, not that I'm looking for a bragging contest, but I'm just curious how fast can our bikes go.....it appears that sportsrider fz6 got his up to 153 mph. Looks like the red is faster.

110 mph for me.... but I have an excuse...I really haven't had an opprortunity to ride in the desert where I can really let it rip. I was on a major freeway around 10 p.m. and thats all I was going to do as far pushing the envelope around Vegas.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I've even broke 100 yet on mine. The roads are'nt too good around here anymore and cops seem to be everywhere now days. I did do 138 MPH on my old Honda VF1100 V65 Magna years ago. I did'nt have any wind protection and that was plenty fast for me. I thought the wind was going to rip my helmet off. They say it was good for 165 but I could'nt find a road long enough or nerve strong enough to try it without any type of fairing.LOL:D

S

sportrider

I commute 29 miles one way, the expressway is alittle rough in some areas but I have a 4 mile strip of it that is pretty smooth with no cross streets or cop hideouts so I know its not a racetrack but its as safe as you can be on a public road also when I do a speed run there is no traffic at all, that being said if I'm going for it I'll downshift into 3rd before the straight away rolling on the throttle as I exit the corner at an indicated 122 mph just before the rev limiter I'll click into 4th, 4th is good till just over 135, I'll catch 5th run it till 146mph then 6th till 152 mph. the bike is taching around 12500rpm but at that speed the engine can't overpower the wind resistance. I think if I added a tooth or two to the rear sprocket it would probly go alittle faster, being able to redline 6th but I don't go that fast often enough to justify regearing the bike also I don't want to shorten the gears.

p.s. the red ones are faster :D

SOUTHERNFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Speed

I HAVE BEEN ABOUT 137 MPH ON MINE. ME AND MY YOUNGER COUSIN RAN AT THAT SPEED FOR ABOUT 19 MILES DOWN HWY 26. LOST TWO PAIR OF SUNGLASSES.:cool:

S

sportrider

I haven't done a speed run in a while,so all this talk yesterday had me ready for one this morning. last time I did one I had the michellin pilot powers on in stock sizes 120/70zr17 front 180/55zr17 rear, now I'm running a set of shinko advance 005 the front is a 120/70zr17 the rear is a 190/50zr17 these tires have a W rating good for speeds up to 168mph. the lower profile rear either just threw the speedo off more or let it rev a few more rpms in 6th, today my official registered speed was 153mph! I held it for about 2.5 miles at WOT but thats all it would pull.:D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I think you now have speed record for this forum.......I looked on the map where you live and it appears that you live in a very rural part of southern Cal, pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. Looks like you as well as myself will be riding in the scorching triple digit heat shortly.

S

sportrider

ya according to the thermometer on the bike it was 107 on the way home.

A

adiquet

Well This is my first Bike - and I only have about 350 miles on it .. so My Highest speed has only been 80 so far .. God I hate tailgater's .. Speed limit on the highway here is 65 / yet everyone seems to go 75 or faster .. so in order to keep up I have to push it

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
The max I have done is 220 Kilometers per hour.. I think thats 149 mph appox... and I think she had more to go... but it was fast enough for me...

S

sportrider

right on!! I love going fast. I was playing the other day I wanted to see what 5th gear topped out at I hit 148mph, but it seems to pull harder if you shift alittle earlier into 6th. I'm going to run big bear this weekend, there is a long downhill straight at the end of the mt.I'm looking for 155+MPH on the downhill.
I've seen 153 on the flats,so I'll let you know what it can do!!!:D

F

Fred Zeppelin

I think the most i ever got it to say was 158 indicated. This was bone stock going downhill slightly on the freeway. I believe it was about 141 actual speed. I have a lot done on my bike now. Sometime this summer I am going for some top speed runs with my gps.

S

sportrider

looks like you got the record now!:D theres nothing quite like raising the bar!!!:D :D :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
141 mph sounds right, at 80 mph, my actual speed is 72mph based on the radar sign on one of the highways. Which measns if I doubled it to 160, it would be 144mph.

W

wrightme43

I am taking her to the dragstrip here in about 45 minutes. Its my first time running so it will probley take a while to get it right.

S

sportrider

New Personal Best

this morning on the way to work, I desided to let the FZ6 streach its legs.
the weather was a perfect mid 70s, no traffic so I opened her up. my new fastest top speed is 155mph beat my old record by 2mph!!! keep in mind this is on flat ground! if anything its a slight uphill considering Salton City is -234ft. below sea level, coachella (were I was heading) is 13ft. above sea level. :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I think you now have speed record for this forum.......I looked on the map where you live and it appears that you live in a very rural part of southern Cal, pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. Looks like you as well as myself will be riding in the scorching triple digit heat shortly.

Hi Guys,

I did 152 on mine about two months ago. I was starting to hit traffic so had to back off. Im not sure if there was any thing left in the tank?

S

sportrider

Hi Guys,

I did 152 on mine about two months ago. I was starting to hit traffic so had to back off. I'm not sure if there was any thing left in the tank?
:rockon: that's cool!!!! amazing how stable the bike is at 150+ huh!!!