Poll: Select weekend date for Vancouver FZ6 meet

Which weekend works best for you for the 1st Annual Vancouver FZ6 Meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Ok, in order to get the ball rolling on this 1st Annual Vancouver FZ6 Meet we need to set a date so we can plan everything else around it.

In order to keep things simple I am only proposing 2 dates to choose from. I have done a fair amount of event planning and organizing over the years and have come to the conclusion that you can't please a 100% of the people and you have to do what's best for the 'majority'. Unlike how today's society is ruled, I am a stong believer of MAJORITY, not minority, rules. So I hope we can find one weekend that will allow for the best attendance and I appologize to anyone who can't make it. Hopefully this will be the 1st of many FZ6 meets to come! So if you can't make this one, there will be others.

Using the Poll, please select the weekend that will work best for you. This will be an open poll and your selection results will be displayed.

The 2 choices are:

July 19 & 20

or

August 16 & 17

This Poll will CLOSE in 30 days

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
why not April ?

Well you see when you are trying to plan larger type events, it's best to give everyone plenty of time so they can arrange/rearrange their schedules (and save money if necessary) so hopefully more can attend.

Also, the weather should be more favorable in July/August.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you make the meet in August, I may consider riding up to BC to escape the brutal heat of Vegas. I'm planning a trip anyway and this could be a great destination. However, I'm not looking to camp out, I need a bed so a place like Harrison Hot Springs would be great. You could start another poll to get an update and see how many will seriously attend and then you could look into getting a group rate at the hotel. You would contact the sales department and negotiate a group rate. Since there would be no travel agencies involved, you could possibly get a better rate since the hotel would not be paying out a commision. The person who is the group leader, can get often get upgraded to a suite, or it can be part of the contract. You could even have them throw in a hospitality suite if they have one, but you get the idea. But in general, bigger the group, meaning more rooms, better the rate. Travelling with a large group from my other gig back in the glory days, dealing with the different hotels was part of my responsibilities. But the rate also depends on the hotel's availiblity, if it's already at a high occupancy level, they may not come down on the rate as much, but a group rate is still recommended. So how bout August, then I'm probably in.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The poll is closed but my vote is for the August dates. I will be wrapping up my thesis in July and can't make it then.

What is the headcount so far? Who will be going if it's in August?

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, in order to get the ball rolling on this 1st Annual Vancouver FZ6 Meet we need to set a date so we can plan everything else around it.

In order to keep things simple I am only proposing 2 dates to choose from. I have done a fair amount of event planning and organizing over the years and have come to the conclusion that you can't please a 100% of the people and you have to do what's best for the 'majority'. Unlike how today's society is ruled, I am a stong believer of MAJORITY, not minority, rules. So I hope we can find one weekend that will allow for the best attendance and I appologize to anyone who can't make it. Hopefully this will be the 1st of many FZ6 meets to come! So if you can't make this one, there will be others.

Using the Poll, please select the weekend that will work best for you. This will be an open poll and your selection results will be displayed.

The 2 choices are:

July 19 & 20

or

August 16 & 17

This Poll will CLOSE in 30 days

So what was the decision? And destination?