Scorpion Gear?

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
So with the bike I'm getting the guy is giving me deals on new gear. I really only need some boots to replace the sidi one I sold when i thought i was done riding for awhile :( but they have this Scorpion exo stuff there and I like the look of this one jacket in black. Looks very clean and fits well. Anyone else have their stuff. I only knew of their helmets.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good question. They've been advertising their gear in the mags for several months now, but only pics of neon ninjas and icky exoskeletons so far...

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine got a chance to "test" out some scorpion gear. (helmet and jacket) It saved him and the gear didnt get that rashed up. It did their job as far as i am concerned.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
cool. I was looking at the burnout jacket in black. i didnt see if they had anything with better protection for the elements. My other jacket is a vanson perforated so I have the summer heat covered just not Vancouvers other weather. The wonderful rainy/cool rainforest weather.

Safire149

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I bought a Scorpion EXO 700 helmet and I love it. Very nice helmet for fairly cheap. I also bought a Scorpion Cool Rod jacket and it is also very nice. It's mesh to keep me cool in the summer but has a wind proof liner that works great when it's cold out. My opinion is Scorpion has their stuff together.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion Sports © 2007

A friend of mine bought this helmet and i wore it for a few miles and the ventilation is like air conditioning. It may not mean a lot to you guys up in the colder climates but down here in Texas where its 105 degrees and 98% humidity, this stuff really matters.

be safe and have fun everyone!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not had any personal experience with anything other than the scorpion exo 700 helmet, but I feel that it is a first rate product and very worth the money. Like stated above the ventilation is like air conditioning (as good as you can get with a helmet on) and the price was very attractive. I have not had a chance (hopefully I never will) to crash test it but it seems in line with higher priced brands. an extra plus is scorpion offers a photo-chromatic (changes to dark in the sun) visor on the Exo-700 and a flip down sunglass thingie on the exo-1000. The only complaint I have is that it doesnt have the ventilation lever like my old shoei.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
well for the price i might just get the jacket anyways. Thats the only way to find out.
picking up the bike tuesday so ill have a review on it soon.

lvjoneser

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought an exo 400 a couple of years ago and much prefer it to my more expensive Shoei. More quiet, better vented and the no fog screen really works. Its a little heavier, but not so much that you would notice it. I'll probably buy the exo 700 next time. I also recently bought the Deuce overpants and have been very happy with them. In the heat I just wear them as regular riding pants and when its cooler I layer them over my jeans.

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Exo 700 helmet and the perf leather jacket, I think it's called the Stinger. The helmet and jacket are great. The jacket is really cool with the liner zipped out, and snugly warm with it zipped in. Never crashed in it, but it is worn everyday, and everything still works just like the day I bought it. Zippers, buttons, etc. Here's a pic of me wearing the stuff...... Not very good, but the only ones I have right now.