Lucas Oil!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another oil to choose from... :D

My bike was due for an oil change so I decided to try a new oil! I went to Kragen/O'reilly Auto Parts to drop off some used oil and saw that they sell several brands of motorcycle oil. They had Lucas Oil 10W-40 motorcycle syn blend for about $6 USD per quart. I picked up 3 bottles and a Bosch 3323 oil filter and did the change. Nice smooth shifting and quiet gear box, much like Shell Rotella 5W-40. The bottle claims that the oil temps should be lower...I'll need to ride more to see if that's the case. Check it out if you see it on the shelf at your auto parts store.

Available Weights: 20w50, 20w50 Synthetic, 5w20 Synthetic, 5w30 Synthetic, 10w30 Synthetic, 10w40 Semi-Synthetic, 50wt., 70wt.

http://www.lucasoil.com/

Last edited:

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I used that stuff on my second brake in oil change cause it was all I could find. There was a noticeable change over stock in the shifting. Now I'm running amsoil and it's much better than the lucas. Engine temps never really seemed to change much with either brand of oil I was using.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I usually use the Rotella 5W-40 but the local Walmart was out. Also, I'm kinda on a budget...they had Mobile 1 4T Racing as well, but for $10 a quart it was too much cash for now. The Lucas Oil was my best bet.

I know Amsoil is good stuff too and would like to try it someday. Anybody in San Diego know of a reputable local dealer?