Another Ramp Question

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to use the semi closed space in parking lot behind my building as a garage. But this place is 87 cm higher from the ground. And i need a ramp.

otopark3.png

This ramp should be removable because this place is a parking place and no space for the ramp

otopark2.jpg

So my project was a folding ramp with hinges. But it is not safe to fold 2.5m ramp for one person. So may be anyone have an idea about how it could be simply. (It shouldn't be stolen when not in use also)

mentese1.png

mentese2.jpg

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dual Fold Ramp?

Have another hinge in the center...This would make one-person folding easier as well as giving more space for the length of the bike.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
You mean like this:

pickup-truck-ramp-drawing.gif

It is possible to do that but a little bit more complicated.
What else can it be as simple as possible?

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean like this:

pickup-truck-ramp-drawing.gif

It is possible to do that but a little bit more complicated.
What else can it be as simple as possible?

Exactly what I meant.

If the dual fold is too complicated; you could always use a sliding ramp. In the US, trucks made for moving furniture use a ramp that slides under the "box" of the truck. The hinge would have a wheel on a pivoting arm that would ride in a "track" on the side of the ramp. When you were done with the ramp, the arm would pivot towards the apartment building and the ramp would slide onto the horizontal surface with the wheels and track. I apologize, but it is difficult to explain.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
The hinge would have a wheel on a pivoting arm that would ride in a "track" on the side of the ramp. When you were done with the ramp, the arm would pivot towards the apartment building and the ramp would slide onto the horizontal surface

I didn't understand exactly but i think this mechanism would be nice.
The ramp slides horizantaly as one piece inside of the apartment with a mechanism. Any photographs or details would be great.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
The hinge would have a wheel on a pivoting arm that would ride in a "track" on the side of the ramp. When you were done with the ramp, the arm would pivot towards the apartment building and the ramp would slide onto the horizontal surface

I didn't understand exactly but i think this mechanism would be nice.
The ramp slides horizantaly as one piece inside of the apartment with a simple mechanism. Any photographs or details would be great.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Wooow! That was the detail i was looking for!
Thank you very much.
This is very useful, i can use this.
And very nice sketch. Are you an architect?
(By the way i am an architect)

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok now you need to make use of a garage door opener so you don't have to get off your bike.

I have also attached a pickture of a ramp I use - cost a $100 cdn.