Sampey on a Buell?

H

HavBlue

If you follow NHRA Pro Stock drag racing you'll note that in 2008 Angelle Sampey has switched from Suzuki to Buell for the 2008 season. She now rides for Rush Racing. They're still getting her dialed in on the bike and she is currently 8th in the standings. She went out in the second round at the Gator Nationals.

Sampey owns a Suzuki dealer in the New Orleans area. Between May 1995 and October 1996 she was an intensive care nurse. Currently, she is the only woman outside Shirley Muldowney to have won an NHRA title and in 2001 became the winningest female driver in NHRA history by surpassing Muldowney with 18 career wins. She currently has 3 titles, 37 victories and the record elapsed time for a pro stock bike at 6.871 set in 2007.

Lets see how she does with something that has coffee cans for pistons.

H

HavBlue

Let me tell you how I met this young woman. I had taken my 2 grandsons to the Winter Nationals at Pomona 3 years ago. It was a beautiful day and I was wearing my official Scremin Eagle stuff when I took the boys into the Suzuki tent. She and Antron Brown wear standing next to the Suzuki truck and The boys went over to get their autographs. As I walked over there she said, "thanks for coming to our tent dressed for harley." She had this huge smile and when I told her I had a sportbike too things got better. About that time we started talking about rules because I had asked why they were still running carbs. That conversation welded my interest in pro stock bikes as to me the rules were so one sided as is often the case when Harley is in racing. I have no doubt she will be up at the top when they get the Buell dialed in for her. She is running some solid 7.01 times but she has been plagued with some mechanical issues on the new bike. This is a building year and I still think the team will do well in the future.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know she'll be fast... She made the Suzuki's run.:thumbup:

I'm a huge Angelle fan! Meet her a few years ago at Maple Grove. Her Antron, Andrew, Chip... A lot of the Pro Stock Bike racers. They are all first class!!

Angelle_Sampey.jpg

I am SO in love with her...