New shock, risers, clutch lever, grips, screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Visit site
...and my friend reminds me about the sticker on the gas tank!
Widshield from Calsci
DSC09163.jpg

From calsci

Penske Shock - custom setup to lower bike for my wife
DSC09344.jpg

CRG Clutch lever for Sherri's little fingers
DSC09351.jpg

Risers - inch up and and inch back from twistedthrottle.com
DSC09352.jpg

W

wrightme43

I like that shock. Is it air over or is that fitting for a remote resivior, or something else?

J

jeffm

Very nice everything looks great! Did you have any trouble with cable length and the risers?

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the clutch lever. Not to nosey, but how much did it set you back. I don't have small hands but it looks much more comfortable than the stock lever. As much traffic as I ride in it sure would help my left hand out. By the way, that custom touring wind screen looks like it will be fantastic on road trips along with the other parts you have added. I think it really shows how versatile the FZ6 can be if people equip it with the right combo of parts to sute each individuals needs. Great job!:)

OrangevaleFJR

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice everything looks great! Did you have any trouble with cable length and the risers?

Nope...they worked. The risers make the levers hit the mirrors when you crank the handlebars. So you have to point the mirrors in the same directions as the stalk or they are too low. I don't bother doing this, I just keep them where I like them and move the mirrors if I have to do tight stuff.

OrangevaleFJR

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the clutch lever. Not to nosey, but how much did it set you back. I don't have small hands but it looks much more comfortable than the stock lever. As much traffic as I ride in it sure would help my left hand out. By the way, that custom touring wind screen looks like it will be fantastic on road trips along with the other parts you have added. I think it really shows how versatile the FZ6 can be if people equip it with the right combo of parts to sute each individuals needs. Great job!:)

Yah, the clutch lever is nice for me and Sherri. It was a bit over $100

http://www.sportbikeeffects.com/search.asp

part number AN-641

OrangevaleFJR

Reaction score
Visit site
Did The Shocks Drop The Bike Down Some? It Looks Lower , If So How Does It Ride Like That.

Yep, Sherri went from tip toes to flat footed. The bike handles fine really well still. Lower, the pegs scrape a bit earlier. To keep geometry, I dropped the forks in the triple trees a bit. Will it corner as well? I'm not sure. I think the Penske is better than the stock shock, but being lower has its disadvantages when cornering. Also, sliding the fork tubes us does impact a few things such as wheelbase and caster. Shortening the caster a tiny amount like this does impact the effort of steering, but I couldn't tell the difference.

I think the biggest difference will be in lean angle. If you lean a lot, you might want to reconsider a mod like this. (although I was still able to use all the tire)

W

wrightme43

And now for the million dollar question.
You know there is some kind of sticker on the tank, right? Right?

W

wrightme43

Ohhhhh.......
Ummmm....
Yeaaahhhh..... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and remove that. That would be great.
You go the memo about the TPS reports right?

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stickers

I also have not yet removed my tank or frame sticker. I think it is because of those times I have tried to remove a sticker and a disgusting mess ensues.

Do you guys use Goo Gone to get that sticky shit off? Is this stuff safe on the finishes?

THX

OrangevaleFJR

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have not yet removed my tank or frame sticker. I think it is because of those times I have tried to remove a sticker and a disgusting mess ensues.

Do you guys use Goo Gone to get that sticky **** off? Is this stuff safe on the finishes?

THX

Goo Gone is good for that and not bad for finishes.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I went for it a few weekends ago. As you said, it worked and did not damage the finish. (There's still a little sticker on the frame up under the tank - I was too lazy to unbolt it!)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you buy the same shock in a length that won't lower the bike? You mentioned that it was "custom setup to lower" so is the regular one the same length as stock? I need a rear shock bad but can't afford to lose any lean angle. How would you describe the ride quality as compared to stock? What kind of adjustability does this shock offer? Price?

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions...
________
WATER BONG

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are the grips from mate ?

They look wicked !! :)

edit : someone beat me to it :)

Thank you