Biking on a budget at Lidl.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lidl might not seem the place to get motorcycle gear, but if you are on a budget then they have some reasonably priced stuff from the 20th.

www.lidl.co.uk

I do not work for them just thought it might help somebody.:p

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Grommit do you think the pizzas would thaw on the trip from the UK to the US?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lidl might not seem the place to get motorcycle gear, but if you are on a budget then they have some reasonably priced stuff from the 20th.

www.lidl.co.uk

I do not work for them just thought it might help somebody.:p

Just as tip to those across the pond fill in a UK postcode for example LS6 if you want to look at the specials. I've personally got the kidney belt & the tank bag (and it works well, although less suited for my Fazer than for my previous bike, because of the shape of the tank) and my wife has a full faced helmet from them. They recently did a test of a lot of Lidl stuff in my motorbike magazine (Promotor). All I remember off the top of my head was the helmet was safe, although poor quality liner etc. & the waterproofs weren't very waterproof (only showerproof), boots were good value for money but not 100% waterproof but the Jacket & trousers were great. I'll see if I can dig out the article at home. got to get back to work now.

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
I got one of those tank bags from Lidl when they had this stuff on promotion ages ago, and I think its pretty good.

I reckon that alarm disc lock looks alright for a tenner, and the back protector they are selling has EN1621 approval to level 2 so might not be a bad bet for £17...

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do Not buy the 5.99 radio set. Not suprisingly it is totally crap.

The tank bag was really good on the Intruder but I have not tried it on the FZ6. It turns into a rucksack which i have found useful on hols not just on the bike.

I bought a blue 2 piece rainsuit off them last year which is not in this promotion. It is superb and it totally waterproof. I did over 1000 km in one go in torrential rain and stayed dry. Well done Lidl.

Steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do Not buy the 5.99 radio set. Not suprisingly it is totally crap.

The tank bag was really good on the Intruder but I have not tried it on the FZ6. It turns into a rucksack which i have found useful on hols not just on the bike.

I bought a blue 2 piece rainsuit off them last year which is not in this promotion. It is superb and it totally waterproof. I did over 1000 km in one go in torrential rain and stayed dry. Well done Lidl.

Steve
I got the radio set, your right it is crap.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've gone for the over suit.
Yet to try it in the rain though, the helmets were just piled up in the shop and quite a few of the boxes were a bit dented; it didn't inspire too much confidence.:(