Holden employee, down but still kicking

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know the guy personally, but as I got to work this morning, noticed a line of cars parked at the side of the road. Right at the back there was a bike laying down. I pulled into my parking space and quickly got my gear off. As I went to go over to him, an ambulance pulled up, so thought I'd leave it to the experts.
Must have been another rider there, as they hadn't removed his helmet at that time.

Turns out, there was a car parked on the left (wide road - dual lanes but un-marked). As the rider came down on the right side, a car pulled over to the right to go around the parked car, so the rider ducked left and slammed into the back of the parked car.

Heard later that he was ok (considering), a few broken bones and very sore... umm... "down there".
He's a Work group Leader in the General Assembly plant. All this happened on Kettering Rd, long straight after a couple of bends, and apparently he like to "open the throttle" once on the straight.
Bike was on the left just here
Thankfully he's still alive, I hope he slows down a bit when/if he gets back on a bike.

I found out that I have a lot of friends at work, people were coming from everywhere to see if I was ok and that it wasn't me laying down out there.

Just a warning to all, make sure the road is clear if you are going to pass on the left.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Dave.

All things considered, I think he's a lucky guy.

Should probably buy a Powerball tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found out that I have a lot of friends at work, people were coming from everywhere to see if I was ok and that it wasn't me laying down out there.:rockon:

Here too mate, saw the title, and the author, and my heart jumped a little!
Happy to hear the rider is ok...happier that it wasn't you!

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Took a tour of that plant in 2005 to see the GTO's being built. Sorry to hear any rider went down. Glad it wasn't you.