whats good for fixing tires on the road?

cpost562

Reaction score
Visit site
Planning a trip to texas here in the next couple months and need to have something to plug a tire if I have to. In my dual sport riding days I would carry extra tubes and had patches with co2 cartridges and tire irons. But with these tubeless tires in can imagine they can be a b''''' to breakdown off the rim with tire irons on the side of the road. I know car tire plugs can't be good but will get me wherever I'm going but I would like a plug that will hold up for the life of the tire. And preferably one that I can install from the outside. Anything out there you guys know about?

TSi Fly

Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Rema Tip Top kit tubeless repair kit as supplied for BMW motorcycles.
Its a professional quality temporary repair that will allow you to ride at speeds of 40-50 mph up to 200 miles which should get you to safety or a place of repair.
I also use them at work to do temp. repairs to car, light truck and trailer tyres.
I would imagine they are available in your country.
Hope this helps.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I use one plug kit like this but chinese made :D, the ones available in the local market, this year I have been kind of unlucky and I have used it several times with excellent results, zero air lost in all occasions.

134783_lg.jpg

http://www.slime.com/product/151/Tire-Plug-Kit-Car-&-Truck-(#1034-A).html

for inflating the tire I use this

148.jpg

Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator - Repairing a flat tire? Slime Tire & Tube Sealant

one of the SAE connector it provides is permanently connected to my battery, so when I need to use it I just connect it and turn on the bike to not drain it :D

Just plug the tire as shown in the video, then inflate it to the appropiate pressure and you're read to go, since the tire inflator is pretty small you can't expect to have the tire inflated inmediately, so just be a little patient, it will do the work!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmxWY4I8kQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Repairing / Plugging A Motorcycle Tire 100409[/ame]

Cheers

Last edited: