My THE first dirt bike down...

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
My THE first dirt bike down experience to share.

Today, I went for a weekend day riding for Santa Ynez Mountains trails which is located just behind Santa Barbara, California.
This forest service road (5N12) has amazing sceneris around it.
All the types of bike could enjoy this road, Dirt, Street, Dual, or even with small cages.
Seeing south for the Pacific Ocean view.
Seeing north for the Los Padres National Forest mountains vista.

O.K. for my story.
When I was riding down paved road for an hour, I found a good/small dirt bike play ground by the road.
And couple of dirt bikers are playing at there.
As I was little bored at the pavement, I dare to get down the play ground for quick riding.
There were no gate to go down or up, just couple of small side dirt mound path for it.

Yes, I did some happy quick riding; however lost how/where to go up to the road back... ha ha ha
In 3 months of dirt life, I finally got a down; fortunately no damage at all.
None for the bike neither for me.

The other dirt rider helped me out of the trouble, and told me that I went to wrong path to go up.
Anyway, thanks for them who also from Los Angeles; sorry forgot your name. ^^;

Here is the stroy video clips.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZW-mCL2tBU]YouTube - Santa Ynez Mountains Road - First Dirt Bike Down - Sep. 25, 2010 Ride[/ame]

PS: Let me put full Santa Ynez Mountain trails riding report later on.

Thanks

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
There you go playing in the dirt again!
Glad to know the bike & You are ok!

Thanks for the comments, always.

Here is the video clip which contains photos taken from the same road trip to share with you.
I added short riding video clips at the end of this photo-slideshow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2dwYZGuBk]YouTube - Santa Ynez Mountains Road - Road Scenery - Sep. 25, 2010 Ride[/ame]

Part 3 - the Bike-Riding video clips are to be added soon after some editing...

Thanks

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the dirt. It can be a very humbling experience as you seem to have found out. You found a very little known area in Santa Barbara County where it is actually legal to ride off road. I've been there a few times. As far as off road riding goes well that area sucks. But good to get the tires dirty and the views are great. Nice Dual Sport destination.

I am so glad I grew up riding/racing dirt bikes before I got a street bike. If you ride offroad you will crash that is a absolute given end of story. You will learn how and what it feels like to slide a bike and maintain control. How to brake and how different types of dirt affect braking and handling. It's the best training for street riding other then street riding. Gives you respect for riding gear and proper set up. Glad you found the area and ride it again this time don't fall. Have fun.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the dirt. It can be a very humbling experience as you seem to have found out. You found a very little known area in Santa Barbara County where it is actually legal to ride off road. I've been there a few times. As far as off road riding goes well that area sucks. But good to get the tires dirty and the views are great. Nice Dual Sport destination.

I am so glad I grew up riding/racing dirt bikes before I got a street bike. If you ride offroad you will crash that is a absolute given end of story. You will learn how and what it feels like to slide a bike and maintain control. How to brake and how different types of dirt affect braking and handling. It's the best training for street riding other then street riding. Gives you respect for riding gear and proper set up. Glad you found the area and ride it again this time don't fall. Have fun.

Thanks, GC...
I started riding bike on street, but after recent dirt experiences I do ride more carful on my street riding; now mostly commuting.
Now, I clear why I got more conservertive on the street riding after reading your comments.

Yes, I try not to fall down.. (as ride slow/easy on the dirt, not many chances of falling down ..hopely)