went for PR2's

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of the PR2's. I could easily get a few thousand more miles out of my rear tire and maybe a thousand out of the front, but honestly I don't have much confidence in the old 020's anymore.

With the cold weather coming up I want better rubber on there.. so I went for it.

A couple weeks back I went ahead and bought the HFT machine with the mojoblocks.. so we'll see how that works out.

Seems like jake wilson is the best price out there. paid $242 shipped. Has anyone recently done better on price?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always change my tyres when I feel I have lost confidence in them , even if it means throwing away some tyre life :thumbup:

What you should have done is opted for the wonderful Metzeler Z6 Interact & then you would know what a real tyre is like :D

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are gonna love those tires. :thumbup: I got 'em at the start of the season, and they're incredible. Really good in the wet (which is a blessing here in Halifax), and they reach operating temperature pretty quickly when it's dry. Good choice!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
yes, I've heard good things about the Metzler Z6 but also a groundswell of good feedback on the PR2. So in a toss up, I thought I would try PR2. Having my own tire machine gives me freedom to change tires more often. Looking forward to getting them on there :rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Metzler schmetzler, PR2's rock all the way to the end. It's still the only tire I can get more than 5k out of the rear on my FJR. Love em.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Red-

The FJR is a heavier bike (My friend has one, super nice machine). Just wondering are you running the B series tire? When I ordered mine, I was told those B series are for the heavier touring bikes which are essentially 2 up machines.

Thanks,

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Metzler schmetzler, PR2's rock all the way to the end. It's still the only tire I can get more than 5k out of the rear on my FJR. Love em.

I currently have 11000 k's or 6835 miles on my rear Metz , thats on my XJR1300 which is very similar weight wise to the FJR & me being around the 300 lbs area :eek: and i'd say there is a good 5-6000 k's left to go

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a word of caution on the Z6 tires. They are fantastic tires but with no center tread it is hard to know when they are worn out. DAMHIK:

I headed out with a very good looking tire and 100 miles later it was on the cord down the center.

So just keep a close eye on them. :thumbup:

Marc