Need tires... Any recomindations.

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
My pilot power 2cts are now ready for replacement. I love the grip but it just seems like they wear very quickly(only 6,000 miles on the rear). And i check my tire pressure regular. I do find myself on a lot of rough roads in west virginia on my day trips though, which could have something to do with the fast wear. I am going to order a set this week sometime and have no idea what to order. I like being stable at low lean angles but would like something that would last a little bit longer. I dont commute because i do landscaping and have a work truck. When i do hit the mountains I do occasionally get a peg down. I was looking at the road 2's. What so you guys think? Give me some input. Thanks

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i put on pirrilli angels on in the begining of the season.. way better than the strada's i had on before.. good grip.. seems like they will make it to about 8-12k miles.. good grip for dry and wet..

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
The Pilot Road 2 seem like a hands down favorite. Lot of people are happy with them as an all around good tire. I am going with these for my next set. Good for very decent mileage and good performance. If your style of riding commands supersport sticky tire performance than maybe not the best choice.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
The Pilot Road 2 seem like a hands down favorite. Lot of people are happy with them as an all around good tire. I am going with these for my next set. Good for very decent mileage and good performance. If your style of riding commands supersport sticky tire performance than maybe not the best choice.

I just had a set of PR2 CTs put on last month. I was really pleased at not only the increased sense of grip but how much more nimble the bike feels now.

Tim

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i think i am going with the pr2's. Now does anyone no the cheapest place to get them over the net. I need both so if anyone knows where you can get sets i would appreciate a link. Thanks again

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i put on pirrilli angels on in the begining of the season.. way better than the strada's i had on before.. good grip.. seems like they will make it to about 8-12k miles.. good grip for dry and wet..

+1 great grip in the twisties, and it seems like the harder compound center rubber will give them decent mileage at the same time. I only have a couple thousand miles on them and they're holding up very well so far. Plus it's fun to wear the "angles" off of them :thumbup:

I found a sale at Cycle Gear, $250 out the door - well worth it IMO

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 great grip in the twisties, and it seems like the harder compound center rubber will give them decent mileage at the same time. I only have a couple thousand miles on them and they're holding up very well so far. Plus it's fun to wear the "angles" off of them :thumbup:

I found a sale at Cycle Gear, $250 out the door - well worth it IMO

The first time I saw the little angel design was the set you had on your bike. Pretty neat!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i think i am going with the pr2's. Now does anyone no the cheapest place to get them over the net. I need both so if anyone knows where you can get sets i would appreciate a link. Thanks again

Check out jakewilson.com. they have consistently low prices and free 3 day shipping.

Also not sure if these coupon codes work anymore but it can't hurt to try them. One of them is for $20 off.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/jakewilson.com

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered the pr2's got 'em for 279 shipped... Guess thats a good price... Hope i like em.

You will.. They feel a little weird for the first 10 miles, almost squishy.. Then work em' in.. Within 50 miles I had no chicken strip on the back.. Great tire!!! :thumbup:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
You will.. They feel a little weird for the first 10 miles, almost squishy.. Then work em' in.. Within 50 miles I had no chicken strip on the back.. Great tire!!! :thumbup:

For sure. The mechanic actually wiped the tires with a rag and some cleaner but they still felt very slick for a few miles. I was pretty careful for about 50. After that I started scrubbing them up in an empty parking lot. I actually scraped a peg for the first time. The stock tires never let me get comfortable with a lean angle anywhere near what the PR2s do.

Tim

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And don't forget to re-check tire pressure after the first 100 or so miles. The tires stretch a bit and your pressures will be a bit low.

Mine were installed at 34R - 32F and after 150 miles I had 27R and 28F. I filled em' back up to 36R and 34F (where I normally run them) and they've been good for the last week..

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site