At Last Polished Headers

iammike

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got around to take care of my hideous headers :BLAA:, even though they weren't in too bad of a shape, i thought it would be a good idea to take care of them now before they get any worse, breakdown of what i used 1.mini powerball/drill, 2.eagle one never-dull polisher & 3.steel wool (super fine 0000), first off let me go on record this took longer than expected (who knows maybe i was taking my precious time or taking too many breaks :D), outcome was not as good as i expected, you be the judge... next time my headers are due for a polishing i will try Autosol and hopefully get better results. Oh by the way i recommend wearing gloves, you don't want steel wool poking at you not a pleasant feeling.

1st: Tear a small piece of pad (1 1/2") from the eagle one container, apply on pipes, i let it sit for 30 secs - 1 min.
2nd: Grab steel wool and start scrubbing until your hands fall off !!!
3rd: Polish off with powerball.

Repeat cycle until you're able to see your reflection & content with the shine :thumbup:

Before:

After:

Last edited:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Good job! My bike is totally stealth black and personally I have come to love the dull-copper color.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about that blue job stuff? I hear it's pretty good. I actually have purchased some but will use it this winter when I change my exhaust.
It's nice now having the polishing balls to use it saves some of the elbow grease! :rockon:

iammike

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks guys, my lower back is killing me !!! :eek: but it was worth it ....

If my headers looked like your "before" I would be very happy!

better get started before they get worse

I'm there with you, I didn't like the headers rusted color and polished them one tiem before, because of the position my back was killing me for the next week or more.
One day I decided that something else had to be done so I did this:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/33141-how-have-nice-looking-headers.html
They actually still looking good.

stellar job, looks good :thumbup:

What about that blue job stuff? I hear it's pretty good. I actually have purchased some but will use it this winter when I change my exhaust.
It's nice now having the polishing balls to use it saves some of the elbow grease! :rockon:

i've never tried the blue job polisher, i agree the polishing ball is a must have