Continental Road Attack 2

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody in Europe had a chance to try these new tires from Continental yet? I really like how the specs read.

http://www.contiroadattack2.com/

I sent Conti an email asking if the US will see these tires, here's what I got back...

Dear Mr. Hill,

Your recent inquiry was forwarded to the Two Wheel division of Continental Tire the Americas LLC. The new Conti Road Attack 2 tires will be available in the U.S. in early 2011. We are in the process of placing our orders with the factory now. Thank you for your interest in Continental motorcycle tires.

Regards,
Janet DeCandia
Continental Tire the Americas, LLC
Coordinator, Operations/Administration
Two Wheel Tires

Last edited:

Jii_Koo

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Conti RoadAttack 2 as rear tyre. I have had it for 2 weeks now. Nothing bad to say about it yet.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Conti RoadAttack 2 as rear tyre. I have had it for 2 weeks now. Nothing bad to say about it yet.

Excellent! I'm interested in hearing how the tire works out for you.

I'm going for these when I'm ready for my next set. I have Dunlop Roadsmart tires now, and they are durable. I have over 10K miles on them. By the time the Conti's reach the States, I should be ready.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had the original road attacks on my last bike and they were great. very sticky tire

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool, thanks Mr. Hill :thumbup:

I wonder how these compare to the Pilot Road 2's. I have the Michelins on my bike right now with >10k on them and plenty of tread left. From the reviews, looks like these Conti's are going to give similar mileage with possibly superior grip!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the concept of no scrub-in. They should be an excellent tire!

Agreed, I'm always so nervous that first hundred miles on a new tire even for street riding speeds. Heard too many horror stories of people sliding the rear out just pulling out of a parking lot.:spank:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
These look like nice tires. That said, what is the price point going to be in the US market? Will the performance be worth cost in comparison to other tires on the market?
On to other tires, concerning break in period. Besides riding like grandma for the first hundred miles or so, does anybody have tips to improve the time and safety of tire break in.

Ps my grandma use to ride an old Indian motorcycle in the day.

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in February I decided to get the Conti Road Attack 2's after I got a nail in my rear tire and the front was about shot. Initially I wanted to go with the PR3's, but they were back ordered and they didn't have an estimated ship date. After reading some reviews I was between the PR2's and the Road Attack 2's. Since the RA2's are a new design I decided to go with them. I ended up spending $500 to have them shipped mounted and balanced. On the first Ride I noticed that the bike felt a lot more agile. Some of this I contribute to new tires vs. old tires. Overall I do feel the bike is more fun to ride with these tires. I let a friend of mine ride my bike just after I put them on and he came back impressed with the difference. One of the things they advertise with these tires are the quick to warm up. I do have to say they do warm up faster than the BT's that I had on the bike previously. The coldest temp I have rode with these tires is 40 degrees the hottest is 105. Until recently I haven't had the tires in the wet. About 2 weeks ago I was riding through Mississippi and got caught in a downpour. I have to say the tires performed better than I had expected in the wet. Overall I have to say that I'm very impressed with the RA2's After 5 months and 3,000 mostly highway miles. The Front tire show almost no wear and the rear still looks very good with very little squaring. I hope that I can get at least 10,000 out of the tires. If the do that I will buy another set in a heartbeat.