Review: Cheap eBay Fender Eliminator

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure we have all looked at these at one point or another and I finally bit the bullet and bought one.

ebay Link: 2007 Yamaha FZ 6 Black License Plate Mount 07: eBay Motors (item 160476066532 end time Oct-02-10 00:05:18 PDT)

Seller: motopartswholesale

Seller Location: United States

Price: $25.34 (USD)

Shipping Cost: Free

Transaction & Shipping
The transaction was completed on September 3rd and the package was received on September 9th via FedEx (Pretty good for the holiday weekend). The packaging was professional and everything was in tact:

Initial Quality
Out of the box the quality seemed pretty good for a $25 part. It is constructed of light gauge steel which appears to have been water-jet cut. All bends were precise. Finish seemed rugged and uniform. The kit does not include mount hardware but reuses the stock fasteners and mounting positions. Kit included a less than impressive plate light which I will talk about once it is actually installed.

Install
In total, it took approximately 1hr to install. The main time consumer was extending/reaming the side mounting holes as they were a little too low and the bolt could not be installed. Otherwise, the bottom bolt hole positions were spot-on; as was the general fit. I opted to add a hole in the base (see the second picture down) to allow indicator wire routing. The finish held up very well through the install, even with the Dremel tool in hand. As you can tell from the pictures, the stock signals will not work with this kit.

Conclusions
All in all, I would say that this is definitely a viable option to some of the $100+ options out there. I would buy another.

*Plate light to come*

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good looking!!!
i found this one Fender Eliminator Fit For Yamaha FZ6 2006-2007 Black: eBay Motors (item 370413177978 end time Sep-25-10 03:50:58 PDT) but i dont know if it will fit my 2008 model
???

its the only cheap one i found with shipping to Cyprus

I am not positive, But I am fairly certain that the Kit in that auction is identical to the one that I had purchased. The Hong Kong location sellers always scare me a little so I had purchased from a US dealer. I would imagine that it would fit your 08' with little issue.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Install
In total, it took approximately 1hr to install. The main time consumer was extending/reaming the side mounting holes as they were a little too low and the bolt could not be installed. Otherwise, the bottom bolt hole positions were spot-on; as was the general fit. I opted to add a hole in the base (see the second picture down) to allow indicator wire routing. The finish held up very well through the install, even with the Dremel tool in hand. As you can tell from the pictures, the stock signals will not work with this kit.

Conclusions
All in all, I would say that this is definitely a viable option to some of the $100+ options out there. I would buy another.

*Plate light to come*

You can use the stock turn signals but you have to take them apart a bit. I only used the factories because they are big and bright and I wanted to use the factory plugs

Yours looks great with the wires ran up through the bracket!:thumbup:.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Current configuration.
DSC_0515.jpg

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
You can use the stock turn signals but you have to take them apart a bit. I only used the factories because they are big and bright and I wanted to use the factory plugs

Yours looks great with the wires ran up through the bracket!:thumbup:.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Current configuration.
DSC_0515.jpg

Psssst.. That is a sick looking bike!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guy new to the form i just picked a 2006 fz6 love the bike my question is i found the same kit by the same seller and everything did you kit come with the blinkers cause i dont wanna use the stock ones
2006 Yamaha FZ 6 Black Fender Eliminator 06: eBay Motors (item 160476066376 end time Oct-02-10 00:05:14 PDT)
heres the link to the kit im talikng about

The fender eliminator you're looking at does not come with the signals. I'm pretty sure the signals he has are the same ones I have on my bike, which are these in black/clear.

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like this same FE Kit is on Amazon for about $20 right now. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Eliminator-Yamaha-2006-2007-Black/dp/B002WEY7LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1298282098&sr=8-1"]Link[/ame]

I ordered it with bikemasters turn signals and thinking about going with These for the license plate light.

In all should cost about $50 for my kit. I'll post some pics once it all comes in.

Edit:
Just got this thing in the mail today, came from D2Moto Link I'm really surprised by the quality of it and the strength of the metal. I was figuring it would be cheap and flimsy but that is definitely not that case. Now I just need my turn signals to come in and I can install this thing. For $15 it really can't be beat.

Last edited:

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Azz,

How did you connect the factory signal lights to the fender Eliminator ? it is a great job! I just want to know how you took it apart and how the bolt goes through is it already to scre in or did you tap it out? Thanks in advance for your help

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Completed the same Mod myself...

Not bad had a few tweeks to make it fit but all and all looks a hell of alot better then stock.Thanks all for answering my questions!!

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
My SV650S had a fender eliminator and I hated it. Whenever I rode on a wet road I would get a spray line on my back and on the rear of the bike. Looked cool but unpractical.

I personally don't mind the FZ6 stock rear fender - looks good on the bike. Curious as to whether people who do have an FE on the FZ6 have the same problem as mentioned above?

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Good question I havn't had mine long enough to answer!! so I'm giving this a bump.I will know when the snow is gone around here,I usually test the weather a lot and get caught in some rain showers:BLAA: