Bridgestone BT-016 on sale

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice...did they charge you sales tax on top of that?

I think Vegas should get a set so we can see how long he makes them last.

Ha Ha, I get an extra 10% off that discounted price too. Too bad I can never take advantage of the discounted tires at Cycle Gear as I always have to get them at a place where they sell, remove and install since my bike is my only ride.

FWIW.....I am running a different tire this time. The Pures rather than the regularl 2CT's.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, amazing deal. May buy a set just to have for backup or this Spring when it's time for new ones. Thanks John.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that sale too. Online only. And these are my tires of choice. I really wanted to get a pair since I needed a front tire anyway but it really sucks not having a job. I could barely afford one tire for the front, which I bought today. I got it at a good price though, $105.00. Total was $137.00 with tax and mounted and balanced. The same place sells the rear tire for $130.00 plus tax and mounting. Suicycle Extreme in Citrus Heights,CA.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha Ha, I get an extra 10% off that discounted price too. Too bad I can never take advantage of the discounted tires at Cycle Gear as I always have to get them at a place where they sell, remove and install since my bike is my only ride.

FWIW.....I am running a different tire this time. The Pures rather than the regularl 2CT's.

You should try the 16s next. I'm sure you'll like them and then we can compare apples to apples. I am so interested in your tire wear because (1) its just cool to think about how the hell you achieve these numbers and (2) I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to extend my mileage.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any thoughts on these as track bike tires? For a "B group on a good day" rider? :thumbup:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently I have Pirelli diablo stradas both front and rear, they have been used for conmuting and touring, actually the front one is toasted so I have been looking to Pirelli Angel ST and these Bridgestone BT-016

I am not a pretty aggressive rider but I am interested on practicing and improving my cornering skills and getting faster, for that I will be riding solo with the buddies, so extra grip will be welcome, I will use the tires for touring as well, two-up with luggage (givi hard side cases and trunk), tire longevity is not an issue since I cannot tour as much as I'd want, ohhh and definitely no conmuting, shortly I will be getting and smaller displacement machine for conmuting, with the usual and increasing traffic jams the FZ6's power is not being properly used :spank:

Since here in my country we don't have climate seasons the weather is completely unpredictable and a day that starts with the sun shining and the birds singing can suddenly transform into a torrential downpour.

I know there is already a lot of info on the forum regarding the stones but just wanted to hear opinions from the sport tourers as well, not just the canyon carvers or track days fellas.

Thanks a lot in advance.

PD: pardon my English, is not my native language, is Spanish so if someone needs a spanish translation for something I will be glad to help :D

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Any thoughts on these as track bike tires? For a "B group on a good day" rider? :thumbup:

Yeah they will do just fine. An 003 would be "better" for a high horsepower or faster rider but probably not worth the expense for a low B group rider. *shrug* Front what I understand, 16s and the like are superior to what people raced on at a pro level not that long ago.

Currently I have Pirelli diablo stradas both front and rear, they have been used for conmuting and touring, actually the front one is toasted so I have been looking to Pirelli Angel ST and these Bridgestone BT-016

I am not a pretty aggressive rider but I am interested on practicing and improving my cornering skills and getting faster, for that I will be riding solo with the buddies, so extra grip will be welcome, I will use the tires for touring as well, two-up with luggage (givi hard side cases and trunk), tire longevity is not an issue since I cannot tour as much as I'd want, ohhh and definitely no conmuting, shortly I will be getting and smaller displacement machine for conmuting, with the usual and increasing traffic jams the FZ6's power is not being properly used :spank:

Since here in my country we don't have climate seasons the weather is completely unpredictable and a day that starts with the sun shining and the birds singing can suddenly transform into a torrential downpour.

I know there is already a lot of info on the forum regarding the stones but just wanted to hear opinions from the sport tourers as well, not just the canyon carvers or track days fellas.

Thanks a lot in advance.

PD: pardon my English, is not my native language, is Spanish so if someone needs a spanish translation for something I will be glad to help :D

I use my 16s to "sport tour" and my best riding buddy is from colombia...so am I qualified to answer? :D

Yes...they make great sport touring tires. Wet grip is good by most people's standard, the are multi-compound, and they grip very well on a dry street.

Mileage apparantly ranges from 3,000 to 20,000....lol :BLAA:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
jajajaja,

Defy, yep definitely you're qualified :D

man, thanks thanks a lot for writing colombia

it's pretty common people there thinks is Columbia but for god's sake it's not that way :spank::spank:

now that my rant is over I can thank you for your answer, I have seen your posts on other threads and know you like the stones :rockon:

Regarding the mileage, well I can get 7000 miles from a rear diablo strada, it seems that only Vegasrider is able to get that unbelievable duration from his tires, the only explanation I can find for that is that he's got Goku's powers and his bike flies on a cloud :BLAA:

Say hello to your buddy with this spanish words: Suerte y pulso!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
How many miles did you get??????????

A little more than usual since I inflated them to 42front 40 rear for our California trip (1600miles in 4 days) last month.

BTW, I kept them inflated at these numbers for our weekend Forum ride a couple of weeks ago and they did not give me any troubles... granted, we were not pushing too hard, but we did go down Montezuma in a very "spirited" manner :))), and they did not slide at all, so I think I am going to run the new set at 40 psi front and rear...

I love these tires :)

I got 5.5k miles on these... usually closer to 4.5k miles...

this is what the rear looked like at the end of the little spirited ride mentioned above

4917044243_33963bf0bd_b.jpg

You can see the flat spot in the middle due to the long touring trip (still lots of rubber on the sides though... what a waste :D)

Last edited: