Removing Center Stand

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone removed their center stand?

It seems that is should weigh quite a bit. And if I recall, the European models don't come with one.

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site
theres a few pics floating around with people who have taken them off.
id like to remove it aswell, but im finding i use it more than expected.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about it too but I've decided it just too handy to take off, especially when I'm washing the bike, cleaning and lubeing the chain or any other maintenance jobs that I'd like the bike to be upright and the rear tire off the groung for.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stand

I use mine also, but planned to buy a swing arm stand for the times that I need it.

Does anyone have any guess or know how much the center stand weighs?

It just seems like such a stout item that it should shave at least 5 lbs off of the dry weight.:confused:

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok i'll jump in I have mine removed the weight savings is not great but it looks alot better. As far as maintanence goes I just slide the bolts in and up it goes takes less than a minute.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took mine off a while back, yes it is quite heavy, bike looks a lot cleaner without it, and it drops about 2 kg's in weight.

Just make sure you have a race stand around after, otherwise chain lubing is a pain in the A!

:thumbup:

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have thought about taking mine off but I find that I use it all the time especially for things like checking the oil and cleaning/lubing the chain as well as washing the bike and cleaning the tires. I never considered puting it back on when needed. I hadn't considered it would be that easy to do.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Took mine off a long time ago...throw it back on for maintenance...no need to use any tools as you dont' need to torque it down just for maintenance. I also have a race stand but use the centerstand when I need to elevate the front.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Naked one in europe doesn't have one due to the belly pan and where it mounts or due to abs. Can't remember the reason.

I use my so much i wouldn't think of taking it off. I have a rear stand, but never use it. Love my centerstand!!

Last edited:

bradms38

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007 and removed both the center stand and passenger foot pegs/mounts. It makes the bike look "cleaner" and shaves weight.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of taking mine off soon. I've got front and rear stands so the only thing I use it for now is making the bike level while I fill up with gas.