Screw loose

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I was cleaning up the bike yesterday in anticipation of some decent weather to ride. I noticed that the thottle was loose. (My son rode it last, and naturally forgot to mention it). Anyway seems that one of the screws that hold the throttle on was missing, not sure if it was ever there, and the other was loose. I do a check on most parts before riding and never checked the screws but always saw that it was tight.

Just mentioning this so that others can check their screws. Might be a good idea. BTW, it is of course a long skinney screw and not easy to find.:(

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was cleaning up the bike yesterday in anticipation of some decent weather to ride. I noticed that the thottle was loose. (My son rode it last, and naturally forgot to mention it). Anyway seems that one of the screws that hold the throttle on was missing, not sure if it was ever there, and the other was loose. I do a check on most parts before riding and never checked the screws but always saw that it was tight.

Just mentioning this so that others can check their screws. Might be a good idea. BTW, it is of course a long skinney screw and not easy to find.:(

Sorry to hear about you loosing your screw. good reminder though about che4cking the bike. How old is your bike?

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about you loosing your screw. good reminder though about che4cking the bike. How old is your bike?

Its an 07, got it in August and have 3500 miles on it. i always do checks of the bike, learned that from the motocross bikes.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its an 07, got it in August and have 3500 miles on it. i always do checks of the bike, learned that from the motocross bikes.

good to know, i will probably go through to every bolt i can get my wrench on at my 600 mile service and re-torque them all to spec. Thanks for the heads up

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
You let your son ride your bike.....There sure is a screw loose somewhere :Ø)

Steve

Whats worse is i am a fair weather rider, and the only real day that we had this winter to ride, i came home from work early to sneak in a ride only to find he came home from college and was already on the bike.

Anyone want to trade a 20 year old boy, i will throw in his 24 year old sister for say a fender eliminator?:D

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
good to know, i will probably go through to every bolt i can get my wrench on at my 600 mile service and re-torque them all to spec. Thanks for the heads up

No problem, anytime i can help out you youngsters with my many many years of experience i will.:(

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats worse is i am a fair weather rider, and the only real day that we had this winter to ride, i came home from work early to sneak in a ride only to find he came home from college and was already on the bike.

Anyone want to trade a 20 year old boy, i will throw in his 24 year old sister for say a fender eliminator?:D

Sounds like you need to hide your keys better.

hmmm, is the boy strong? any skills? The sister sounds good! (sorry Dad, I know it was wrong but I had to)

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you need to hide your keys better.

hmmm, is the boy strong? any skills? The sister sounds good! (sorry Dad, I know it was wrong but I had to)

He's strong, thats why he gets the keys, the only way i can beat him is by sitting on him.

As for the daughter, well men are pigs, I admit it and when I seem to catch a glance of a young girl, I always use the old saying, well it's OK, it's someone else daughter, not mine.

On anthor note, maybe if you were to be able to put up a dowry or something. Hmmmm. life goes by to fast, so if you cant have fun, what the F***.