2CT's 17,616 miles replaced with Pilot Pures

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
During in the midde of my epic road trip last week, I got a fresh set of tires while I was in Portland. I had these Pilot Power 2CT's installed at 29,037 and replaced at 46,653 miles. FYI there has been no sprocket size change so my odometer is still calibrated as factory.

This is the 2nd time I got 17,000 miles on a set of 2CT's.

I also had my stock rear pads replaced, but I'll post those pics in another thread.

Rear tire.

P1000852.jpg

P1000851.jpg

Front tire. For some odd reason, the front wore out quicker than my rear. Enough to reach a point that I was getting so concerned about a failure, I was no longer enjoying my ride.

P1000850.jpg

P1000849.jpg

So far the Pures are :thumbup:. Plenty of grip going around the twisties and I had a chance to test them in the rain. I had no problem zipping around at 80 mph around the twisty areas of the interstate in the mountains of Montana. I was passing up all the cagers in the rain.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting :thumbup: This is quite the feat, again!

Regarding the front, you must brake harder than you accelerate.

I have to say though, that tire can't perform very well in the rain (I guess you don't get much rain) and you can't be pushing them very hard in the twisties for the last several thousand miles. Plus, the profile must suck after a while. What do I know....but it seems the $avings/benefit is not there....for me at least. Do cops ticket for that in NV?

I've worn tires down to bald, but they crossed the threshhold of good vs. replace in a relatively short time, on dry Cali roads, and I replaced them right away. I don't like limping around on worn tires as it seems to defeat the purpose.

Not trying to be a hater...to each their own.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting :thumbup: This is quite the feat, again!

Regarding the front, you must brake harder than you accelerate.

I have to say though, that tire can't perform very well in the rain (I guess you don't get much rain) and you can't be pushing them very hard in the twisties for the last several thousand miles. Plus, the profile must suck after a while. What do I know....but it seems the $avings/benefit is not there....for me at least. Do cops ticket for that in NV?

Thanks Nate.

It is possible. I guess I'm brushing up on my stoppies.

I agree, I would have had zero confidence on these tires if it rained. But it rarely rains in Vegas.

And yes, I could not go all out on these tires in the twisties at this point. They have lost their grip. Profile definatley sucked. It is some of the drawbacks if you let the tire get down to this point. At this point, it was just a commuter tire, but the last life of the tire was during my road trip which took me to ACH Highway and the PCH between San Luis Obispo and Monterey.

But I don't baby them either. These tires have been to several rides with our southern Cal members. I do accelerate quickly once I'm stopped for red lights if I'm in front (Safety margin thing - creating time and space) Yes, got a ticket by a motorcycle cop one time LOL.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do people get that much mileage out of a Tyre....I know it is not uncommon, but the best i have ever got out of any Tyre on an FZ6 was about 10000km's, from a set of Road 2CT's...

Good job i suppose, that rear tyre did'nt actually look too bad...the front was definitely screwed!

:thumbup:

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
I can vouch for the 2 ct's being good in the rain. Did an advanced rider training course in the rain. Course consisted of cones laid out at an airport parking area. Lots of standing water but I was amazed how fast one could turn and brake in the wet. One thing I did learn from an instructor, always buy tires with grooves all the way to the edge. The riders with Pirelli Corsa's were looking a little nervous.

sos9394

Reaction score
Visit site
Im amazed by the mileage ppl got out of 2ct. what psi did you guys put in the front n rear?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im amazed by the mileage ppl got out of 2ct. what psi did you guys put in the front n rear?

Not that this would have made a difference, I ran on Nitrogen for the enitre life. Kept it around 34-35 on the front and 38-40 psi on the rear. Zero two up, just me. Mostly city riding with occasional road trips to southern cal with the southern cal members.