Duel Headlight Mod...Help?

Have you Done the Duel Headlight Mod?

• Total voters

ThePaul

Reaction score
Visit site
Curious who has done this since I'm about too.

With Spring break next week I'm planning on finally getting around to the duel headlight mod, and have been doing all the research I can but always get more confused about how to do it.

Anyone have any good suggestions, I've found 1 thread here that looked good, but any suggestions before I start are nice. Or a link to a simple tutorial would be nice, with fewest parts/incisions/frustration. I'll be doing it next week BTW so I'll more then likely back for help.

-Paul

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Curious who has done this since I'm about too.

With Spring break next week I'm planning on finally getting around to the duel headlight mod, and have been doing all the research I can but always get more confused about how to do it.

Anyone have any good suggestions, I've found 1 thread here that looked good, but any suggestions before I start are nice. Or a link to a simple tutorial would be nice, with fewest parts/incisions/frustration. I'll be doing it next week BTW so I'll more then likely back for help.

-Paul

Here is a link that you can read up on:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...cation-making-h4-bulb-fit-into-h7-socket.html

Enjoy.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are several threads in this forum regarding on "How to do Dual Headlight Mods" and are pretty easy to follow. Some are more technical than others, but for the most part, it's very easy. I'm the first one to admit that I'm not the most machanically inclined person, but If I can do it, you should be able to. It pretty much comes down to cutting or slicing the correct wire, and then getting the correct right angle adapter so that it can plug into your headlight. There's even a you-tube clip on how to as well. Just hit the search tab and hit the key word dual headlight, and you should get several threads. This is one thread that has
been beat to death. By the way.......great poll question!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-s/252-07-dual-headlamp-how.html

Last edited:

ThePaul

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear its "easy". I also thought it was a good poll, was always curious...rarely see 1 other fz6 in town so nobody to talk about my bike with.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i changed the low beam to HID, and as soon as i can get the weather to cooperate and let me ride, i will take a look at how bright it is and then i will decide if i want to change the other light to a hi/low beam HID as well. If i do that i would definitely do the hi/low since it is not the best for HID's to turn them on and off rapidly. I will not do the headlight mod if i don;t do the HID at the same time.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I did it thanks to FZ6-FORUM.COM! I had the bike for two days and people were saying "you got a light out" already so I had to so I wouldn't choke some stupid cager out. Also you can go to Boneman's website and he has an excellent write up on it.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Been thinking about doing it, i usually just ride with the high beam on since i usually onlyride during the day. i will probably end up doing it after reading how everbody seems to like it.

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I have bikerdude's clean install harness, but to install it I have to lift up the tank for the first time. So I decided to put a KN air filter in there while I am at it and kill two birds with one stone. Just waiting for the KN filter to arrive now.

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I done the mod but I put in a automotive relay to prevent the high beam and low beam filaments being on at the same time in the right light. here is a wiring diagram of what i done. if you have any questions about it wright me.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I will say this with all the respect towards the others here who have taken it upon themselves to do this mod differently.

I did biker dudes mod in which he made a wire harness and I fitted this to my bike. I purchased the harness off biker dude and the mod took about 1 to 2 hours (it was in the dark!!!)

The mod needs no cutting, joining, relay fixing or anything like that. In short, yamaha made this bike so that it would have two low beams on....but they only wired up the left hand side to work...the wire harness simply fits into the vacant space on the bikes electronics and fills in the "gap" that yamaha was too lazy to do themselves!

If you want to do this mod...do biker dudes mod only!!! It wont invalidate your warrenty and you can simply remove it without any damage to your bike or electronics if you ever decide to do it!

Best of luck with it! :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will say this with all the respect towards the others here who have taken it upon themselves to do this mod differently.

I did biker dudes mod in which he made a wire harness and I fitted this to my bike. I purchased the harness off biker dude and the mod took about 1 to 2 hours (it was in the dark!!!)

The mod needs no cutting, joining, relay fixing or anything like that. In short, yamaha made this bike so that it would have two low beams on....but they only wired up the left hand side to work...the wire harness simply fits into the vacant space on the bikes electronics and fills in the "gap" that yamaha was too lazy to do themselves!

If you want to do this mod...do biker dudes mod only!!! It wont invalidate your warrenty and you can simply remove it without any damage to your bike or electronics if you ever decide to do it!

Best of luck with it! :)

very good advise :thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
why thank you! :)

Its the easiest and most proficient way to do this mod without cutting a single wire!! AND...yamaha cant say you have broken the terms of the warrenty if you are simply finishing off the job they didn't bother to do!!

I just wish modding this bike was that cheap and easy as this mod!!! :)

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
when using the wiring harness from biker dude allow your right low beam light to turn off when you turn on your high beam. i have read a lot of the headlight mods on here and was wondering what turns the low beam off. a switch? or a relay that is already inside the bike?