Which Tankbag and Why?

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am wanting to purchase a magnetic tankbag for my 07 and was wondering what everyone else has and what their experience/thoughts are on the one(s) they have purchased or are currently using. Specifically: practicality, style, size, waterproofness, quality, etc.....

Thanks!

Howattzer

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I've been wondering the same thing. Personally, I'd like a small bag. I really don't have anything to carry but a mobile, wallet, keys and maybe a map.

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
it all really depends on what you want it for and what you're going to put in it. I've got the Icon Primer Tank Bag. It's small, I can keep my phone, wallet, keys, bottle of water, and my rain liner for my jacket and a sandwhich. It also has some hidden straps that make it into a back pack... a very small girly looking backpack lol. I picked it up from someone on another forum for $35, i think retail is around $50.

If you're just looking for something small there's also teh Joe Rocket Manta Jr Bag. Small, has a cellphone pocket, so you can look down and see who's calling and if it's worth picking up. You could probably fit a little less than in the Icon Primer bag... (pretty much all the stuff I put above minus a rain liner.

There's the Cortech series, which are bigger and can hold more stuff, plus they've got a clear plastic piece which snaps on top of the bag. Ideally it's meant to hold a map in it, btu I think an EZ Pass could read through that, not 100% sure on that part though. They also make a series that gets pretty big which you could probably put a small child in (slight exaggeration, but they make some that let you store a good weekend worth of clothes).

There are tons of different bags, it just depends what you want in it.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the 14 Liter Cortech Tank bag for my '07. Be careful taking the bag off as to avoid scratching your tank...

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
i use the Joe Rocket Manta Bag, it small enough to say out of the way, is easy to move and place by the bars when fueling, holds evrything i need for a day trip, water, wallet, hat, cell phone. the cell phone pocket is good beause you can see who is calling you, i can actually here the phone. i have the quiet stock pipes. I have it in blue so it adds at least horsepower to the bike.:thumbup:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag on recommendations from other riders who'd bought it. It sits nicely on the FZ6's (already high) tank without being obtrusive, and can hold a surprising amount of "stuff" for commuting or even a day trip. It does have the "old-fashioned" round Diskman pouch on top with audio outlet, but it can be used for many other items instead. I'm considering having the Diskman cover changed to clear plastic and put my TomTom GPS in there.

irishstout

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Joe Rocket bag (not sure of the model) but have been very happy with it and it was only $59 at CycleGear a few years ago. It expands about
2" and has three strong magnets on each side with a clear map pocket on the top.

I personally find it to be the right size. It is about 10" wide by 14" long ande about 4-5" thick (not expanded).