long island new york

yam ah haaa

Reaction score
Visit site
hey everyone. anyone on this site live on long island? im from suffolk county just lookin for anyone who may want to ride. i have a few friends that ride but usually they have some lame excuse not to lol. im the only one whos married with kids and it seems like i ride the most lol.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
hey everyone. anyone on this site live on long island? im from suffolk county just lookin for anyone who may want to ride. i have a few friends that ride but usually they have some lame excuse not to lol. im the only one whos married with kids and it seems like i ride the most lol.

myself and fb400 here on the forum get out on some rides together with a few others. We both live in Nassau but go to Suffolk when we arent trying to get the hell out of this boring strip of island.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Brooklyn so I guess I can consider my self a Long Island resident.
Besides riding around I do group riding with friends almost every Saturday, we do an average of 200 miles with a coffee/gas stop and most of the time we go north NJ and NY.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto to what SD Willie said.

Still trying to find new places to go on this island. Choices are limited. Last weekend we went to CT. Nice ride.

We definately can hook up and ride, the more the better in my book.
And btw I ride during winter months when roads are clear and temps are in 40 to 45 degree range. It helps when the sun is out as well.

btw, married with a kid here as well. My wife is exceptionally cool about the whole motorcycle thing

Last edited:

ny08r6

Reaction score
Visit site
Im a fellow long islander..the only good roads I have found locally would be northshore starting in the huntington area..out to 25a. Of course this has to be done after 10pm on weekdays or you are stuck behind douches taking in the scenery at 30 mph

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Im a fellow long islander..the only good roads I have found locally would be northshore starting in the huntington area..out to 25a. Of course this has to be done after 10pm on weekdays or you are stuck behind douches taking in the scenery at 30 mph

You should explore more. There are better roads around than just 25a. There are many roads north of that that are twisty. Just check a map.

yam ah haaa

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys. i just got my bike back on the road after 2 years of it just sitting. im lookin 2 start riding again. anyone of u guys on the island do repairs? my fork seals r shot and every place i go to gives me some retarted price. im talking like 4 or 500 bucks! seems a bit high. if anyone does repairs on the side and is interested please let me know. Im also an electrician so if anyone needs electrical work maybe we can work somthing out. IMO theres nothing better than a nice trade off like that but i will pay cash if thats the case. ide try 2 fix the seals myself but thats a pretty big safety issue if not done properly. thanx in advance guys.

yam ah haaa

Reaction score
Visit site
that is quite the noble gesture sir. but i dont wana make u come all the way out ere just 2 help me with my shocks.ill get the tool and try it myself. would anyone have a repairmaual?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Choices are limited. Last weekend we went to CT. Nice ride.
married with a kid here as well. My wife is exceptionally cool about the whole motorcycle thing

I hope you take the ferry to ct, as you have some major guts to ride up the New England Expressway, there are so many trucks. Even with the amount of miles I've ridden in traffic, it would intimidate me.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I hope you take the ferry to ct, as you have some major guts to ride up the New England Expressway, there are so many trucks. Even with the amount of miles I've ridden in traffic, it would intimidate me.

you get used the the traffic. I wouldn't ever take the ferry with the prices they charge. Besides it defeats the purpose of riding. ;)