WA State Ride. Grand Coulee Dam, Steamboat Rock, Dry Falls, Sun Lakes

rchamberlain

Reaction score
www.rogerchamberlain.com
This post is for those of you that think Washington State is all wet and green. While the west side of the state is beautiful forests and lush, east of the Cascade Mountains is desert in many areas. The Columbia Basin is home to basalt rock and sagebrush. It is also some of the most productive farm land in the world. I decided to take a ride to Grand Coulee Dam which is home to some beautiful (dry) land formations. Grand Coulee Dam itself is about a mile wide and is the largest concrete structure in the USA (to the best of my google knowledge). But you can Google that yourself if you are interested. Below are pictures I took along the way of Sun Lakes State Park, Dry Falls, Steamboat Rock and Grand Coulee Dam. It was a warm ride, about 95 degrees F (35 Celsius). I found some shade at a park near the dam to eat a snack and get something to drink.

Sun Lakes State Park, Washington State
picture.php

Steamboat Rock, Washington State
picture.php

Dry Falls, Washington State
picture.php

Grand Coulee Dam, Washington State.
picture.php

Grand Coulee Dam, Washington State. Shade at last.
picture.php

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you stay and watch the evening Lazer Show at Grand Coulee Dam? Well worth it and a Dam tour is cool too!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget that Eastern Washington is home to one of the largest nuclear waste sites :thumbup:in the USA

rchamberlain

Reaction score
www.rogerchamberlain.com
Did you stay and watch the evening Lazer Show at Grand Coulee Dam? Well worth it and a Dam tour is cool too!

I didn't stay for the lazer show but I have seen it before. For those of you that don't know, they spill water over the top of the dam which creates a white "screen" and they do a lazer show on the dam. I would rather see "Napoleon Dynamite" on the face of the dam. Now THAT would be cool.