1st Anual Vancouver FZ6 Meet?

Should the Vancouver FZ6 meet and ride be open ONLY to FZ6 riders?

• Yes, ONLY FZ6 bikes/riders allowed

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No, open it up to FZ6 and other bikes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Ok, I have mentioned this before, but I would love to get the ball rolling on getting a little FZ6 meet going on in Vancouver this summer! Dosen't have to be big or fancy (of course the more FZ6s the better!). I and hopefully others, could come over to Vancouver for a weekend and maybe we could have a meet and greet, then a ride then a nice dinner somewhere?

THIS IS OPEN TO ANY AND ALL FZ6 OWNERS ON THIS AND ANY OTHER FORUM!! COME ONE, COME ALL!

What do you guys think?

I can help organize it from Victoria, but would be great having someone in Vancouver being the main organizer. So who wants to be 'voluntold'?? ;) Denis...I'm looking at you!!! :thumbup:

Things we need to sort out would be:

1. Dates (TBA) - Please vote here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/brit...l-select-weekend-date-vancouver-fz6-meet.html

2. Meeting place
3. Ride route
4. Dinner place

Again, we don't have to have anythig fancy. Just get together and have a good day/ride.

I have also include a poll to see if we want this as an FZ6 ONLY event. Not trying to be snobby, but I think it would be kinda cool just having it open to FZ6 riders only. Not to mention how neat would that be seeing a bunch of FZ6's riding down the road together!

Last edited:

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a great idea i love ridin around seein other guys/girls on fz's. Maybe if theres not enough interest for just fz's we could make it a yamaha ride? i got a couple of friends who'd be down but they're on r6's. good idea tho, i'd love to have a meet
:rockon:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Cool.

I was hoping that once we got dates set, we could contact some of the local Yamaha dealers to see anyone of them might want to "host" us at their location for a 'show & shine' and as a general meeting place for us to gather and kick off our ride. See if they would section off an area for us to park. We could be on display for a few hours, answer questions about our bikes and mods (because we all love to talk about our bikes!). Be a good Yamaha PR thing and something the dealer might want to invite potential customers down to who might be interested in purchasing an FZ6. They would get some free publicity out of it anyway. Maybe toss all of us a 15% store discount to intice all of us to spend some money in thier store.

Just an idea we can work on. Anyone budy budy with a Vancouver Yamaha dealership?

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd certainly like to be in on this! :thumbup: You'll need an older, more mature FZ6 rider along to keep you young'uns in line anyway.:Flip:
I kind of like the idea of opening it up to other Yamaha owners, such as R6 jockeys. They can run ahead of us. :D

Let's talk! :)

1978jeep258

Reaction score
Visit site
This is interesting timing. I'm currently planning a ride to Victoria in mid-June from Oregon. Tagging along will be my two brothers, father, and uncle - all enthusiasts. Of course, their bikes are all different; my FZ, a Concours, 919, BMW R1200C and a Pacific Coast. Maybe I'll see one of you up there!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have never known a motorcycle meet to be open only to one type of bike. Not even Harley meets.

We are all bikers, we just ride different bikes. If we have a "closed shop" how will anyone learn about the FZ6 and how will we learn about other bikes.

I have always been welcomed to bike meets whatever I was riding. I think it would be a really bad idea to restrict your gathering to just the FZ6.

Steve

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I hear what your saying steve. Some good points. You are correct about all of us being bikers, no matter what we ride and I agree with that. Heck I still wave at HDs. I was just trying to make more of a 'forum' meet and a focus on FZ6s. I have a few guys I ride with who live in Vancouver who own different bikes and would prob love to come, but I ride with them all the time and we can do that any ol weekend. I'd kind of like to meet new riders and some forum members and try riding and hanging around with them for an afternoon, with the focus being on FZ6s.

This making any sense?

I wanted the foucs to be on forum members meeting and riding with other forum members. But this is good feedback and what a froum is all about; different people's ideas and opinions. If the majority of people want it open to all then we will look into doing just that.

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I'm technically a "returning rider", I consider myself to be very much a New Rider, who still has much to learn/relearn. I don't yet have the confidence to go on a Really Big Group Ride, so a smaller, more informal get-together with Forum FZ6 riders from the Lower Mainland would be a good introduction to Group Riding for me.
Having said that, I certainly have no objection to riders showing up riding other models or brands....even blue FZ6's. :D

jimbop

Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in and keep it open to all. Maybe we meet at a shop and head to Whistler and back or perhaps even Pemberton. The road does have it's construction challenges but it's getting better all the time. There is also many great rest stops for great views and great food. I'm on the North Shore.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Although I'm technically a "returning rider", I consider myself to be very much a New Rider, who still has much to learn/relearn. I don't yet have the confidence to go on a Really Big Group Ride, so a smaller, more informal get-together with Forum FZ6 riders from the Lower Mainland would be a good introduction to Group Riding for me.
Having said that, I certainly have no objection to riders showing up riding other models or brands....even blue FZ6's. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about your group riding skills for this. As long as you can 'follow the leader' you shouldn't have too much trouble. Depending on the numbers we would probably split into smaller and stagard groups anyway.

I will have to give some serious thought about letting any blue FZ6's into this event.... :Flip:;)

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about your group riding skills for this. As long as you can 'follow the leader' you shouldn't have too much trouble. Depending on the numbers we would probably split into smaller and stagard groups anyway.

Sounds good! :thumbup: (Just don't put me in the much-slower "blue" group) :p

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I understand what you are saying Boneman...well except waving to HD bit...

OneTrack, I think you will be suprised how bad some of the others in the group ride. I returned to riding last year and am amazed that some riders in the group were unaware you are supposed to ride in a stagger formation and to leave enough room for the other guys to bale out if they need to.

You`ll be fine.

I hope this comes off for you...we need to see the pics.

Steve

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in! It would be great to see some out-of-town riders as well! I also agree with keeping it open to anyone, as long as we get some good group shots of "just" the FZ6s - that would be pretty rad... :D A nice laid-back group ride to Harrison/Princeton/Whistler would be nice too (although the sea-to-sky is not all that much fun these days...)

Lets make it happen!