Widest rear tire size for 06 fzr6 ????

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 uses a 180 rear. You can fit a 190 but I don't see the point (there's a reason they chose a 180).

You can also put a 300 on there to look super badass (lol), but that'll require a few modifications :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm running a 190 on the rear,(it was free off a mate ;))

But will be going back to a 180,as The bigger tyre has chicken strips that no matter how much lean I stick on,because of the stretch,short of cranking it over so the side of my lid hits the deck I can't get rid of........

Which makes me look like a knobber........

Not cool........

:spank:

:D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

But will be going back to a 180,as The bigger tyre has chicken strips that no matter how much lean I stick on,because of the stretch,short of cranking it over so the side of my lid hits the deck I can't get rid of........

Not cool........

How does the riding feel with it though? I got a free 190 rear as well and would love to run it to save a bit of $. But if it will make it drive like a tank then i would rather just pass.

I don't mind looking like a knobber for a free tire with no performance detriment.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The 190 will work but can vary in profile depending on aspect ratio and also manufacturer. Also the rim width will make a difference. Generally the 190's are designed for a 6 in wide rim and the 180 is design more for 5-1/2 in.rim. Again, many factors that will make it good or soso as a replacement but if the price is right and the profile looks good, there's no reason you can't use the 190. Always better to use the OEM spec. sizes if you can.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Not cool........

Does having an OEM sized front tire contribute to the fact that with the 190 rear you still have chicken strips? Is it possible to lean "well" with mismatched tire measurements?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Not cool........

Why would you look like a knobber!?

I wouldn't consider you a knobber just because you have a strip on your tire....

I know many people with strips on their tires and they aren't 'Knobbers'

a 190 depending on quite a few factors can have different profiles and that will give varying degrees of scrubbing in at different lean angles.

If I had the choice for the same performance and money, between the 190 and the 180 I would choose the 180 because it's closer designed for the rim width but as stated previously a 190 will work and will work well depending on manufacturer as well as other sizing and tire design.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you look like a knobber!?

I wouldn't consider you a knobber just because you have a strip on your tire....

I know many people with strips on their tires and they aren't 'Knobbers'

a 190 depending on quite a few factors can have different profiles and that will give varying degrees of scrubbing in at different lean angles.

If I had the choice for the same performance and money, between the 190 and the 180 I would choose the 180 because it's closer designed for the rim width but as stated previously a 190 will work and will work well depending on manufacturer as well as other sizing and tire design.

Ah
Coming from a Supermoto background,I can't stand strips.I use the bike for scratching back lanes,not touring for miles down motorways in a straight line ;) When I park up at a meet,the first thing people do is wander around the back of your bike,that is a pretty sure way of telling what kind of rider you are.Of course it's easier to lose them in this country, due to all the roundabouts :thumbup:

Toympas

Reaction score
Visit site
If you got a free 190 lying around why the hell not use it? Also speedo will auto-correct itself due to the higher 190/55 height (assuming its a .55 profile) and you will get an even more responsive bike than before.

If you get chicken stripes then eat them and get done with them :)