for making free flow exhaust for fz16

vindesign

Reaction score
www.scrapdis.com
hai friends,
You all are ride in biggest fz6 i know , here i came for my fz 16 this is 153 cc bike.
i would like to change the exhaust to free flow exhaust and i want to do myself. I completed B-tech in mechanical engineering but i have no experience i just read the How To Make Your Own Exhaust Slip Ons by jtarkany.
i learned something. and i want to know if i creating free flow exhaust is there any problem to engine. and here is 153cc engine so please tell me the advantage and disadvantage and how can i make a better exhaust with better sound the sound is must because i love bike with sound. this try only for making better sound can any pro fz6 riders can help me with this.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum mate......Basically the 1st reply is spot on assuming it is fuel injected , it may need rejetting if it is carbureted though :thumbup: The FZ16 is a pretty schmicko looking machine , can you tell me if it lends it engine from the R150 ?? For those who dont know it well here it is :D

yamaha-fz16-orange.jpg

vindesign

Reaction score
www.scrapdis.com
and here is some instructions given by Jtarkany(john tarkany)

Hi Vinayan,

1) if i create this muffler to fz16 (153cc)(and just need 0ne piece of muffler) engine can i get the real sound and is it cause to engine.

You will get a deeper, slightly louder sound than you are currently getting from the stock muffler, it will not affect your engine if you have fuel injection, if you have a carbuerator you may have to rejet the carb.
2) if i create inlet/outlet as simple (welded with stainless pipe and sheet) is there any problem.

The stainless pipe and stainless sheet metal welded together will work fine.

3) which is the best for getting better sound - (stainless steel or carbon fibre).

It does not matter what the outer can is made of, Stainless Steel, Aluminum or Carbon Fibre, these do not affect the sound, what does affect the sound, is the size of the inner core; the smaller it is, the quieter it is, the bigger it is the louder it is, typically the inner core is betwenn 1.75 inches and 2.5 inches. Another factor is how tightly you pack the fiberglass the tighter it is the quieter it is, in all cases the it will be louder than the stock exhaust.

4) and if i create a muffler is there any problem of balance of bike. what is the causes?
Should not affect the balance of the bike at all.

Good luck!
John Tarkany

vindesign

Reaction score
www.scrapdis.com
fz16 available in india with black, lava red and orange
and they available with color tone as fzs
here is one......

yamaha-fz-s.jpg

Last edited:

anandabishek

Reaction score
Visit site
hiiii this is abishek from bangalore.... i just got a free flow for my bike... just like the datona kit launched by datona for fz 16... i can give the details if u want....

cool20bud

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a video here.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn101u9qDZQ]YouTube - FZ16 White Dove[/ame]