Time 4 New Tires-Suggestions?

jcrawford

Reaction score
Visit site
So I purchased my bike in July 09 at which time two new Avon AV56 tire were put on. Well, I hit a nail and have plugged the tire. I now have to refill the tire every two days. I am looking for some new tires and need recommendations. I see so many reviews, but I would like to get advise from FZ6 riders who have actually used the tires they recommend. Any info you can give would be much appreciated.:Sport:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're gonna get a lot of recommendations. :)

For sport/sport touring look at Michellin Pilot Road 2's, Bridgestone BT-021 or 023 or Dunlop Roadsmart. Bridgestone's are a popular choice. You can't really go wrong with any of these.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're gonna get a lot of recommendations. :)

For sport/sport touring look at Michellin Pilot Road 2's, Bridgestone BT-021 or 023 or Dunlop Roadsmart. Bridgestone's are a popular choice. You can't really go wrong with any of these.

+1 for the Michelin Pilot Road 2's. I have had these for almost 2000 km's now, and love 'em. Much better grip, both wet and dry. Heat up fairly quickly, and transmit good road 'feel'.

On the downside, they are louder than my OEM Dunlop's.

You should check out the Reviews link at the top of the page...it has some good reviews/comments.

Good luck finding tires that are right for you! :thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Bridgestone BT-021's

I have roughly 2,500 miles on my set and still don't see any appreciable wear. They stick well once warm and likely will perform far better than my abilities will take them.

Unless you're a hard core rider, or do lots of track days, a set of BT-021's might be a perfect combination of grip, mileage and price for your FZ6.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a set of the Conti Road Attacks. Really really awesome, but I only have the stock tires to compare them to.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had 2 sets of pirielli's.. just put some angel st's on a few thousand miles ago.. i highly recomend them if your looking for good "sport" touring tires..

jcrawford

Reaction score
Visit site
I want something that I can get low on and not worry about it sliding out from under me. At the same time I need a good riding tire. I dont want to have to replace the tire every 2500 miles. My Avon tires are ok. I feel as if I can not lean too much with them.

Ron P

Reaction score
Visit site
I've run PR2's on a K1300S and gotten LOTS of mileage out of them. The rear got noticeably squared at 13,000 miles and I still hadn't hit the wear bars. Nice predictable grip and decent ride. A little pricey, but well worth it.

S

Shamus McFeeley

I've had few sets of Pilot Road 2s on the FZ6. I've been getting about 9000 miles out of the rear and 10-12 on the front. Motorcycle Superstore has a good price on them usually, but you can check out southwest moto tires, they sometimes run specials that make them cheaper than MS. The one great thing I can say for MS is that they ship QUICK. I've had tires in as little as one day after I placed an order.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want something that I can get low on and not worry about it sliding out from under me. At the same time I need a good riding tire. I dont want to have to replace the tire every 2500 miles. My Avon tires are ok. I feel as if I can not lean too much with them.

pilot road 2's.

/thread

:)

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my set of Diablo Stradas on for about 4k miles. I only have stock tires to compare them to and I am pleased. When I bought my Bandit she had Pilots on her. I rode them way past where I should have. I didn't have any issues with the tires tho.