Photo Comp.....

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We once had an ' Anything Goes ' photo comp but sadly the site didnt have the numbers to sustain it :(.... Well i've been thinking , now that the site has exploded with members & it appears we have thousands that are interested in Photography maybe we can rebirth the competion :don'tknow:.... BOTM is FZ6 only & a lot of members have a talent to show...... What do you all reckon ???? :thumbup:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be down with that, Hump. I'm always interested in other ppl's technique, composition, creativity, and willing to share what I know too.

Gonna need some rules, guidelines, and possibly themes for each month?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea to me....i like to take photo's of things other than my bikes! Lots of photo's in fact....i have a few i would like to enter!

:D:D:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be down with that, Hump. I'm always interested in other ppl's technique, composition, creativity, and willing to share what I know too.

Gonna need some rules, guidelines, and possibly themes for each month?

Sounds like a good idea to me....i like to take photo's of things other than my bikes! Lots of photo's in fact....i have a few i would like to enter!

:D:D:D

Ok , i'll go nut out some rules then :thumbup: Guess i better send Dennis a msg about it too :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok peoples , ive sent Admin a message re this "new" competition , so fingers crossed its doable :thumbup:... I have a draft of rules i'll post here shortly but if there is any you think we need let me know :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok peoples , ive sent Admin a message re this "new" competition , so fingers crossed its doable :thumbup:... I have a draft of rules i'll post here shortly but if there is any you think we need let me know :D

Is this a non bike competition, or a bike based competition still???

I think it should be non bike orientated personally.

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok peoples , Admin thinks its a great idea so when i get home from work i'll post up some draft rules so we can discuss & get this thing happening :rockon: :rockon:

Bloody brilliant Humpy.....you da man! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cant wait....there are some pretty decent photographers on this forum, cant wait to see their photo's in this new comp!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interim photo comp rules , let me know how they look :thumbup: I know that i need to put in something along the lines of photo EFIX must be available... Again , its just a draft so i can alter it if you think i have missed anything :D

1. All photos must follow the theme guidelines.

2. Entry is open to anybody with an FZ6 forum account

3. One entry is permitted per person; however users can replace their existing entry with a new photo if required.

4. The following adjustments are allowed:

a. colour, sharpness, and contrast adjustments that affect the entire picture in the same manner (B&W conversion is okay); and

b. cropping and straightening;

With the exception of the above, no other 'Photoshopping' or editing is permitted. This means no borders, signatures, selective colour or shading adjustments including post vignetting, etc and no multi-images eg: HDR, panorama etc.

5. You may only enter a photo you have taken personally.

6. The image dimensions must not exceed 1,024 pixels in either height or width and the file size must not exceed 1,024 KB (1 MB).

7. The actual comp gallery is separate to BOTM but as it is run from within this forum by and for its members, the same rules regarding 'Unacceptable Content' apply. Accordingly, photos entered and their related discussion must be kept family friendly.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entering Photos:

Upload your photos to the gallery.

The following fields are mandatory for a submission to be approved:

1. Title (of the photo)

2. FZ6 forum display name

Both these details must be entered, and photos will not be released into the gallery if these details are absent. Other details are welcome but optional.

Entries may be submitted up to midnight, Australian Eastern Time on the day specified in the comp thread for that month. No entries will be accepted after the gallery is closed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Voting:

The voting period is announced within the relevant photo competition thread in the Gallery Lounge.

All FZ6 Forum members are eligible to vote, even if they haven't entered a photo.

Each member may only vote once in each competition.

Judging is done by popular vote, by YOU the forum members.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The following fields are mandatory for a submission to be approved:

2. FZ6 forum display name
QUOTE]

Huh? Please explain, i am only a DJ remember!:(

Just means your user name must be attached to the uploaded photo , just another way to help prove the persons work :thumbup:... Perhaps i could word it better :D