Xena Security XX14 alarmed disc lock

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First mentioned on the forum here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-news/14662-xena-xx14-motorcycle-disc-lock-alarm-review.html

I purchased one of these direct from Xena.

*As of 7-17-10 still need to take some pics.* But here are my initial impressions of the XX14:

- LOUD. I accidentally set it off in the house when putting the battery in and messing with the sensor. Deafening. They claim it's 120 dB. I believe them ;)
- Very heavy duty construction. Even if you didn't use the alarm feature and just used it as a plain disc lock, this thing is one of the heaviest I've seen yet.
- The auto-arming feature is nice. There is an LED sensor that can determine when you slide the lock on the disc. Once it's on, it emits a beep letting you know it's arming, then you lock the bolt and walk away. Disarming works the same in reverse.
- I armed the lock then tried setting it off in various ways. Shake the handle bars...a warning beep. Keep shaking, then all hell breaks loose...very loud alarm for at least 15 seconds, then stops, and if you keep tampering it sets off again until on shock or movement is not felt. You can change the sensitivity just by repositioning the lock in different places on the disk. The 6 o'clock position makes it least sensitive, 12 to 3 o'clock the most.

Over all this is a nice addition and I bought it mainly for parking at work. It's not going to stop the determined dirtbag from stealing it, but it will make the casual thief think twice. If you are part of AMA you get a 20% discount + free shipping, which comes to about $91 in the US.

Last edited:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one of these too... i cant stand the thing (as an alarm) i got it to use in front of the house (just to know when kids try to mess with the bike) but i couldnt even use the alarm feature, i tried and tried, but there was no way i could remove the lock before the alarm went of... Every morning at about 5 am, the thing was going nuts when i tried to leave for work lol... i eventually just removed the batteries, and use it under the seat when we go on long trips and such.

Good little lock, but the alarm is touchy as hell, and i tried putting it every where on teh disc, no dice.