rchamberlain

Reaction score
www.rogerchamberlain.com
It was quiet at work this afternoon so I thought I would take a ride to the Wild Horse Wind Farm near Vantage, WA. I have driven by this many times and never taken the time to ride up to the site from Interstate 90. These generators are awesome in size. There are about 130 of these so far on this site serving about 70,000 homes in Washington State.

The ride was a little windy (go figure...a wind farm). There were white caps on the Columbia River as I crossed the Vantage Bridge. About 125 miles round trip. 85 Degrees and blue sky. A nice ride.

picture.php

Below is a picture with the top of Mt Rainier in the background.

picture.php

About 130 of these serve 70,000 homes.

picture.php

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a nice ride, been in that general area traveling through but not on the bike yet. Beautiful country out there. Hoping to go out to one of the new wind farms they are building for a tour, amazing how big those things are up close.

rchamberlain

Reaction score
www.rogerchamberlain.com
Oh yeah, there are hundreds of these around Richland that I have seen when traveling through. This site has a nice visitor center and a tour of one of the units twice per day. I didn't stay for the tour. You should check out the site in your area sometime. You don't realize how big these are until you are standing under one of them.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
So that is where they all go! Here in Vancouver, they are stored in a dock area, and you can see them leave on big trucks heading east on sr14, and on I-84. The trucks they leave on or huge, especially when the blades are moved.