Sidi Vertigo boots: Air or water resistant?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very close to buying a pair of Sidi Vertigo boots, but can't decide between the "Air" perforated version ($300) or the Water Resistant (non-perforated) version ($325). They are almost identical in appearance, but obviously the perforated boots will be the coolest in the summer. I'm just concerned they may be too cool in the early mornings and evenings. I do like these Sidi Vertigo boots as they combine style with cutting-edge safety technology.
Does anyone own either that can comment? :)
I already ride with a pair of Alpinestars Gortex boots which are warm and quite waterproof. I don't ride in the rain at all if I can help it. Don't like it. :eek:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
well since you already have waterproof boots id get the perforated ones. i have a vanson perforated leather jacket and it feels like wearing a tshirt in the summer.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear my water-resistant vertigos on the hottest of days and have no complaints. I'm sure the airs would be nicer in the heat but I don't need two pairs of $300 street boots :D

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, quite honestly, I wore my Gortex-lined Alpinestars last summer in 40 deg Celsius temps (110 F) and can't say I can remember that my feet were overheated.
Hmm...I'm still leaning towards the airs, but for only $25 more I can get the water-resistant boots that would be still cooler than my Alpinestars.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The vent on the outside of the foot is nonfunctioning on the water-resistant version. You could always cut out the leather under the vent and close it when it rains or is cold...should still be mostly waterproof....cutting $300 boots :(

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok..I've made up my mind. I'll go for Sidi's Vertigo Air Perforated boots.
As urbanj points out, I've already got a pair of (excellent) waterproof boots, and I think DefyInertia sounds like he's trying to tell me to buy the Air's but doesn't come right out and say it. :D
Thanks again for your thoughts, guys...very much appreciated! :)

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to try a pair of the Sidi's on today or tomorrow. I just hope I don't look too ridiculous (at my age) in those Italian "creations".
They do offer much more protection (with style) than most boots, however....so that's the kicker for me.:thumbup:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks DI...I haven't noticed any Oxtar boots in our local shops, but will have a look tomorrow while I'm in the mood to look at boots. I'd like to try some on before ordering on the 'net. We have a local store here that sells at "US Prices", so I can get gear for the same price as in the US, without having to pay for shipping. I'll see if he's got Oxtars as well as Sidi's.