FZ1N Naked Headlight Project

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For those that haven't seen this on the other forum, I've started a naked project inspired by Wavex and others, and many of the Euro flavors out there. Figured some of you might be interested. The difference is that I'm using the naked FZ1 headlight which I purchased at Burlington Yamaha in NC Burlington Yamaha | FZ1N & FZ6N Headlight Kit. I like it better than the stock FZ6N headlight, and better than most of the other models. It comes as a kit, including the bracket, wiring harness, side panels and all the hardware bits. It does not fit perfectly to the frame so there are some bracket modifications that are necessary, including the use of fork clamps. The pics here are the of the dry fit. The wiring is complete (there is some cutting/soldering required to adapt to the FZ6 plugs, and I'll finish up the bracket mods shortly. A couple of key pluses with this headlight option: The speedo bracket fits perfectly (for 07+) as do the FZ6 stock blinkers. :thumbup:

Other components you might notice: TCP seat cowl, Puig bellypan, Optima radiator panels, Pazzo levers, rizoma rearsets and Leov exhaust. Additionally, I painted the side covers flat black and may also do that to the front fender.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
:D

Well, we are still a small minority in the US, but I`ve seen about half a dozen ppl start their naked projects in the past 3 months... which is awesome!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
HAHAHAHA did you see that? I was laughing my ass off :D

Did you join the forum? Cool guys there... lots of great ideas as well... some guys do some serious work on their bike, not the pussy stuff we're about :Sport:

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Such a nice bike!

Definitely a lot of naked projects this winter...my naked conversion started in August when I crashed at the track....lol

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HAHAHAHA did you see that? I was laughing my ass off :D

Did you join the forum? Cool guys there... lots of great ideas as well... some guy do some serious work on their bike, not the pussy stuff we're about :Sport:

Been :Lurking: over there. They are hardcore.

You know, as much as I'd like to like the chopped off seat look, I kinda hate it. :rockon:

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, some of them are ugly, I agree... but a rear chop like this one below on the FZ would look so bad ass... I am trying to find that seat :D

2315885866_4259808a82_o.jpg

2315077323_ae6e0f6357_o.jpg

2315885836_3e6cefd8d5_o.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no issues with the wind up to 100mph... then you need to hang on a little, but nothing that`ll stop me from opening up every once in a while :)

Sorry we don`t get rain here in california :Flip: ;)