Dragging foot pegs

FZ6buff

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
Recently I was riding my favorite twisty and I think I scraped my foot peg. I know I hit my toe slider, but I am a little weary about my foot peg. I have already removed my peg feelers and center stand because the last track day I was grinding the feelers to a pulp. Does anyone know if it is possible to drag the stock foot pegs with the feelers off?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, but I have seen people crash because the peg caught on something on the road and it threw the bike off balance. On youtube videos though...not in person.

Can't tell from your profile picture but it looks kind of like your head is still centred over the bike. Get more of your weight off and you will find you don't need to drag pegs. Always better to get more weight off and lean bike less (within reason I guess) because the more you're leaned over the less grip you have as you have less of a contact patch.

My 2 cents.

No I am not a pro.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Never had any problems with it myself.

Depending on how much you weigh, you may not be able to stop your peg dragging, as the rear squats under gas because of the soft rear shock.

I spent nearly all my time with a peg on the deck, but since I upgraded the rear shock, and lost nearly 40lbs, I haven't touched it once. I will at the track, but some rearset offset plates will fix that too.:thumbup:

FZ6buff

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I know I need to work on my technique and that's what track days are for! As a buddy of mine says: "Ride hard, ride fast, don't crash"