Bt-20

romlin

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a fz6 fazer that i got bake in may. it came with BT-20 on it. they are fine in the dry and warm but i dont like them in the cold or wet. would like to get about 6-8k out of a bake tire. any recommendations for what i can try on it

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
If you do some searching around you will see a popular choice is the Michelin Pilot Road 2ct. It offers great mileage and good all around sport touring performance. If you want a stickier tire for more agressive riding the Pilot Power 2ct would be a better choice although you won't get as many miles out of the powers as the PR2. These are the ones I have narrowed it down to. The BT023 seems good too but is too new to get an idea how many miles they would last. You could probably spend hours reading on the topic, so get going and good luck choosing.

Last edited:

romlin

Reaction score
Visit site
i dont needs new tires yet. they will do me the summer and when it starts 2 get cold i will put new tires on it. so have some time to read up on it

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you will find the PR2 is a little pricier than some other tires. IMO the extra mileage I would get more than makes up for the price difference. It is a tried and true tire.

I have about 6300 miles now on the BT20's so I will be in the market soon, probably around 10k (hoping they last that long).

There's tons of choices... take a look at jakewilson.com they have great prices.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is also The BT-023 that is super ceding the BT021 which was is a dual compound tire that was much improved over the BT-020. You should get decent grip and decent wear.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI, I got 10K miles out of my stock BT-020's and never had a problem with them (lots of owners think they're crap, but I liked them).

After going with BT-016's (almost 6K out of them), I've now got the new BT-023's and I'm LOVING THEM. I've got almost 1K miles on them, a majority of that in the twisties, and you can't see any squaring off at all. Of course, if I were mostly commuting, you might, but it's doubtful. These things look like they're gonna be just as long-lasting as the 20's, but with better grip. I've pushed them hard and they won't slip at all.

While the Pilot Road 2ct is a GREAT tire, there are others like the BT-023 that, IMO, are just as good for a lot less money. I got my set during a sale at JakeWilson.com for $187 shipped (that's dirt cheap for this type of tire).

If you want high mileage, you need a sport-touring tire, not a pure sport tire. Sport-touring tire technology has advanced so much in the last few years, to the point where they're really the smart money choice if you're looking for sticky vs. mileage.

Just to note...

Sport tire:
Michelin Pilot Power 2ct
Michelin Pilot Pure (new this year)
Bridgestone BT-016

Sport-touring tire:
Michelin Pilot Road
Michelin Pilot Road 2ct
Bridgestone BT-020
Bridgestone BT-021
Bridgestone BT-023 (replacing the 21)

The BT-020 is still available, but they're way overpriced for what you get. The fact is, you can get a much more advanced sport-touring tire for less $$$.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you find them a bit quirky, change them early (ie now) before you crash. I hate them because they take too long to warm up. I ended up locking up on a few occasions, 25mins into a ride where no tyre should ever have locked up. Save yourself a crash and change them NOW!

I ended up with Pirelli Angel STs and can't fault them. Fast warm-up, very grippy, and hold consistently through the roughest corners.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the PR2's on the FZ, excellent tire (a bit pricy as noted above).

I do have Bridgestones (020) on my FJR, they stick ok, but wear (at least on that bike, heavier/more torque/HP) considerably faster and the front cupped in 5k miles... Next set for the FJR is PR2's, no question...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up with Pirelli Angel STs and can't fault them. Fast warm-up, very grippy, and hold consistently through the roughest corners.

These were neck-in-neck with the BT-023's for me. I've heard a ton of good things about the Angel ST's and I don't think you can go wrong with either tire. The only thing that put the Bridgestones over the top was the fact that I've had such good luck with their other tires.

Give Metzler Z6 Interacts a go i love em' , I doubt you'll be disappointed :thumbup:

I had a set of these that were take-offs from a friend. I really liked them, too, but when they got near the end of their life, the cupped REALLY badly. But they were great tires. Do they still make them, though? I thought I read somewhere that they'd been fazed out for something new?

Burst

Reaction score
Visit site
BT-020 are the worst tires I've ever ridden on any bike :thumbdown: Try Pirelli Angel ST or Michelin PR2. Dunlop Roadsmart is a good choice too. My friend is ridding on Pirelli's and I've got Dunlop's (both bikes are fz6). Very similar tires in terms of grip on dry but feeling of the bike is a bit different. For me it's bit easier to change direction on Roadsmart's. Feedback is also very similar. Both are very good, predictable tires in my opinion and You will be satisfied no matter what will be Your choice :)