6000 Service

omegared

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, good to meet you and thanks for your help in advance.

I am new to biking and own a Yamaha Fazer S2 600 on a 07 plate.

Its due a 6000 mile service (currently having 7K on clock), the local garage has quoted me £120 + VAT, what i would like to know please is what i should expect for my money, and also what i should be asking them to check anything extra which is not covered in the service. I am tempted to have a go myself however im not this way inclined and i would like a stamp for the book.

Thanks again.
:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum

Good to see another new member :thumbup:

Remember, ride your own ride, ATGATT, post often and post pics.

Can't comment on your 6000 mile service - I've only done 5000 kms... :spank: :D

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
The best thing you can do is look at the owner's manual, and take a look at the table there. It should list what would be done at that 6K service.

Somewhere on this site, you should also be able to find a link to the Shop manual, which would be the most in depth review you could do to answer this question.

Short answer is it's not that involved of a service, in my view. If you have basic tools and moderate mechanical skills, you should be able to do this service yourself. Many here have done this on their own.

It's a good way to get to know your ride.

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have my 6000 mile service receipt in from of me and these are the notes on it.
Changed engine oil and oil filter
Replaced Air Filter
Checked and regapped spark plugs
Synchronised throttle bodies.
Greased front and rear spindles, foot rests, stands, controls and pivots
* Fitted front and read spindle crash protectors (I supplied rear, they supplied front and they fitted em while it was in for the service).
Serviced front and rear brake calipers
Cleaned, lubricated and adjusted drive chain.
set tyre pressures
checked electrics/lights/horn.

All in that was just over £200. If you assume it took them an hour on the fork protectors and remove the cost of them and the labour, it's about £140 so about on a par with your quote. (Assuming they are doing the list above or something similar)

I don't mind tweaking the bike myself, but having the proper stamp in the book for the services should make it more saleable if I ever let it go.