CBR 1000 Goes down

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
My neighbor bought a brand new 09 cbr 1000 at the beginning of this year. Had never ridden with him until today. My good buddy has on a 919 and was leading then the cbr then me on the fazer. We were all running the same pace which to me wasn't fast just fun. We were cruising through some pretty tight twisties and everything was going ok and all of the sudden the cbr just went down entering a corner. I turn around immediately and was scared cause i saw the bike go into the guard rail. Thank god he was ok. As for the bike not so much... needs whole headlight assembly left fairing, foot peg, rear wheel, and tire and thats just what i picked out. And the bike had a wopping 600 miles on it. Do you think something went wrong with the bike or just inexperience? I am thinking to much bike for a newer rider, he did have an r6 but it has been a couple years. What do you guys think?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Could have been many things, in-experience, oil/gravel on the road, tire "let-go".

Glad your buddy is ok, that's the main thing. Bikes can be fixed, the human body isn't as easy to fix.

:rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Inexperience

As a rider first.

2nd, rider and bike. It takes a lot more than 600 miles to get use to the bike.

That's why you have to be careful who you ride with. Make sure you all keep your safety margin. Your friend is very lucky, as the word guardrail & crash with a rider usually ends up with a much more different outcome.

Last edited:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
A couple of years since he rode, and that was a 600. Now he's out of practice and on a liter bike. Heck, even the CBR900 almost made me wee myself the one time I rode it.

I agree with Vegasrider. An out of practice rider on a new to him bike with a ton of power caused this accident.

I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Fred

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
it was definitely a low side i just couldn't believe it lost traction that easy. there was no gravel and no oil. And i had no traction issues all day on the ride, i'm just trying to figure out what happened. But it could have been a lot worse as you guys said, if it weren't for the guard rail he and the bike would have tumbled for a good ways.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad everyone was OK. It just goes to show how easily control can be lost, even when the riding isn't aggressive. I watched a friend of mine crash right in front of me one time as we both hit the same turn at the same speed with the same bike (CBR F4i) take your buddy's misfortune and turn it into a lesson for yourself, whatever that may be. Events like this are humbling, especially when they're inexplicable...

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
road conditions, though you got through okay, or perhaps poor braking
technique (panicked and grabbed a handful maybe?) glad to hear he was unhurt

were you still staggered, as with rider 2 in the right track, or had you gone
single file for the curve? wondering if a different lane position was a factor
in conditions

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when its your time, it's your time. experience or not.

So practice and increasing knowledge can serve no purpose?

I'm sorry but this is a fairly foolish assessment of this situation.

I can understand that sentiment AFTER someone has done their DUE DILIGENCE in bettering their skills and keeping a good attitude in terms of controlling their right wrist.......

but a guy on a too-big bike trying to keep up with guys out of his weight class.....

"it's your time it's your time"?

Please.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
So practice and increasing knowledge can serve no purpose?

I'm sorry but this is a fairly foolish assessment of this situation.

I can understand that sentiment AFTER someone has done their DUE DILIGENCE in bettering their skills and keeping a good attitude in terms of controlling their right wrist.......

but a guy on a too-big bike trying to keep up with guys out of his weight class.....

"it's your time it's your time"?

Please.

Agreed. Motorcycling is not guesswork.